too much protein???

sckri23

Hi yall,

I realized that I was missing protein in my regimen but I might have over-done my quest for protein..... I'm scared of protein overload

Hairvitalize balsam and PROTEIN conditioner

Organics hair mayo- EGG PROTEIN (edit: also mixed with hask placenta treatment -placenta extract "natures most powerful protein" and amino proteins)

Profectiv deep conditioner- WHEAT PROTEIN, OAT PROTEIN, SOY PROTEIN (Edit: In my defense I saw deep conditioner and the price. I didn't read the label until I brought it home)

Sofn'free gro healthy Milk PROTEIN and Olive Oil (I have the growth oil and moisturizer)

Is that too much protein, or should I try it first?

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

virtuenow

You just named a bunch of products. I would suggest one at a time and see which one your hair likes. I'm not familiar with any of these. I use a light to moderate protein weekly as a deep cond'r (Aubrey Organics GPB).

sckri23

virtuenow said:
You just named a bunch of products. I would suggest one at a time and see which one your hair likes. I'm not familiar with any of these. I use a light to moderate protein weekly as a deep cond'r (Aubrey Organics GPB).

Basally its a conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, growth oil, and moisturizer.

They all have alot of protein in them and I didn't realize how many protein packed items I bought until now.

I've tried them individually before and they worked great but now I bought them all at same time and I'm scared of an overload

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited:

curlycrown85

As @virtuenow said, do one protein treatment at a time and deep condition right afterwards--but not with a conditioner that has protein in it.

Is your hair experiencing breakage? If so, do another protein treatment a week later and deep condition right afterwards again. If you are experiencing breakage, do a protein treatment once a week until your hair improves. If you are NOT experiencing breakage, a protein treatment is only necessary once every 4 to 6 weeks--unless you are relaxed or have very, very fine hair.

Just see what works for you.

Evolving78

be very careful of using too much protein. i had protein overload and now my hair can't handle protein anymore. any thing that says treatment, i can't handle. my hair will become dry, tangled and will break easily.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Honestly, I don't use that much protein and my hair LOVES protein. I overnight DC with a strong protein 1x a week, and then use moisturizing products the rest of the week....that's really enough for my hair. I tried it 2x a week, and found it really wasn't necessary.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
MrsJaiDiva

Which strong protein do you use once a week?

I use a customized Mega Tek mix. I blend it with other strong proteins (hydrolyzed keratin, Aphogee 2 step, etc), amino's, oils, and some Aussie 3min DC. It's like hair food, but once a week is enough. Every now and then I'll skip a week, but I can't go longer than that before my hair starts to suffer.