To Henna or not to Henna?

dalgal

Ladies, I need to tap into your wealth of knowledge and information. I have very fine thin hair and over the last few years have experienced horrible shedding so that now it is just so thin. Ms. Aggie, saved me with her garlic pre poo receipe! (Thanks Girl!!) No more abnormal shedding. Ms. Aggie you helped me more than I can say! :yep:

Now I am thinking of doing Henna for strength, thickening and shine. I am concerned though because I think my hair is protein sensetive. Too much protien seems to make my hair literally come right out in my hands as I work the product through.

Can anyone tell me if Henna may be too protien intensive for me or if there is a certain type of Henna I should be using? I also would like it for color on my gray so that I can totally give my semi-permanent color.

Does anyone out there have information on this that may help me make a decsison

twnz&1mo

Hi dagal, I believe Lavendar has said that she has very fine hair and I know she henna's, I would PM her and tap her brain. Hope this helps

dalgal

Great Minds! Think alike! You were thinking what I was thinking! :grin: I sent her a PM. Thanks so much for your response

sqzbly1908

Ladies, I need to tap into your wealth of knowledge and information. I have very fine thin hair and over the last few years have experienced horrible shedding so that now it is just so thin. Ms. Aggie, saved me with her garlic pre poo receipe! (Thanks Girl!!) No more abnormal shedding. Ms. Aggie you helped me more than I can say! :yep:

Now I am thinking of doing Henna for strength, thickening and shine. I am concerned though because I think my hair is protein sensetive. Too much protien seems to make my hair literally come right out in my hands as I work the product through.

Can anyone tell me if Henna may be too protien intensive for me or if there is a certain type of Henna I should be using? I also would like it for color on my gray so that I can totally give my semi-permanent color.

Does anyone out there have information on this that may help me make a decsison

The pix by my signature is my hair right after I henna'ed. I have fine/thin/relaxed hair. I am also using MT, however after I used the henna my hair had a lot of body (I roller/wrap) and felt very strong. I have not had any problems using the MT in conjunction with the Henna. I also do overnight baggying a few times a week with a moisturizing DC (AO HSR) and my hair has never felt better - I am six weeks post in the pix

HTH

dalgal

Thank you girl! I really needed your input, I for some reason yesterday started just shedding and shedding. I did the Alepretdora pack, the garlic shampoo and a deep heat olive oil and garlic treatment and it is still shedding. My hair is so thin I cannot afford for it to shed any further but I think it will. I am really nervous about it. I am going to Henna today, I really hope it helps! Again, thanks so much!

Keedah

I noticed everytime I used a protein conditioner my hair was hard but its really soft after I henna. I deep conditoner after henna with Humectress.