This looks ridiculous . . .

Glib Gurl

. . . but it just might work. Anyone have an opinion on this hair dryer?

Bonus points for funniest caption of the product pic:

41-UE8yO1qL._SS500_.jpg

"Hailing frequencies open, Captain . . . ."

Ion makes one just like it. Several people on the board have one and they love it. I had one, but I took it back. It was too hot on my forehead.

That the one I was talking about in the in your previous post but couldn't think of the name of it. It works great but does get very hot so I use it on cool.

I got the Ion version from Sallys, but they are all made by the same company, and I loved it until one of my pups chewed up the chewable components. It does throw out some heat, so I hardly ever switched it to high. It was really good when I was deep conditioning.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

You guys are so funny! She doesnt look too happy wearing that thing either... I hope they paid her well...

As for me, I tend to sweat very easily.... I'd be sweating BULLETS under there and my hair would never dry.:nono:

ITA with Foxie! I have one of these too. (the ION one) and I had used it for my Curlformers and I was sitting there with sweat pouring down my face and neck.:lachen: A couple of my curls were still a little damp too.:ohwell:

Can't wait to do my curlformers with my new PIBBS!!!:grin::grin:

Oh but I can say that it is EXCELLENT to use for when you are deep conditioning because that sucka does get really HOT!!!

I remember seeing you under that space helmet. I was like WTH???? I had NEVER EVER seen one of these until I saw the tutorial with you sitting under it. Where did you find it?

Sally's use to carry them but it has since been discontinued. As soon as I find a place that sells they I'm buying a couple for future use, incase this one goes out on me.

Did I say I love this dryer? I can lay in the bed, take naps, read, be very comfortable. I never use my gold/hot dryer anymore.

Sally's use to carry them but it has since been discontinued. As soon as I find a place that sells they I'm buying a couple for future use, incase this one goes out on me.

Did I say I love this dryer? I can lay in the bed, take naps, read, be very comfortable. I never use my gold/hot dryer anymore.
I love my Curel Soft bonnet too. I usually lay down in the bed and go to sleep while I DC.

FoxyRoxy's right I would sweat so much under that thing I might lose 10 lbs of water weight:blush: ...Then again maybe that's what I need:lachen::lachen:

Got one by Babyliss- it works esp for my hard Aphogee but cuts out after a bit- hot as hay in there as well

Last edited:
I got mine from Walmart. Give them a try.

For those who have one, how long does it take for your rollerset to dry?

I have the ION one. My hair is past bsl and it takes about 1 hr 20 min for rollersets to dry and 1 hour for flexi rod sets. Way faster than my hooded dryer. The only thing I don't like is it's REALLY loud, I can't watch t.v. under it let alone sleep.

My roomate has the same one in the picture. She loves it! And I've noticed that she's never underneath it long, so it must dries hair pretty quickly.

I was eyeing this in the BSS today. How much is it running for? I don't want to be too over charged. I was between this and the regular soft bonnet. Also can magnetic rollers fit under this or just Flexis?

I am so glad to see reviews of this. I was just pricing these yesterday and I think I'm going to pick one up. I don't have a good spot for a hard hat dryer and don't have the money for a Pibbs. This looks to be a good alternative.

Back