Thicken up that________Challenge!!!

I'm in I want to thicken up my entire head.

I've been using castor oil on my scalp and to seal my ends. I've also been taking B5, biotin capsules and 4oz of carrot juice daily. Hopefully I see results in by June(my personal challenge.)

Suggestion for ladies working on their crown area. I had massive breakage there last year and now that area is one of my longest areas. The stylist I was going to at that time told me to apply a little hair oil with a drop or two of peppermint to that area at night. I did that every other day and I think it helped reduce breakage and help strengthen my hair follicules. I haven't had a problem since.

Thanks, Trimbride.
Gym..I'm throwing everything up in there. I usually wait to see what each product does, not this time...I'm just chucking it all up there night after night. I think I'll start some straight nettle powder mixed with some oils. I am going to divert that part too even though it stubbornly pokes through.

gymfreak336 said:
Suggestion for ladies working on their crown area. I had massive breakage there last year and now that area is one of my longest areas. The stylist I was going to at that time told me to apply a little hair oil with a drop or two of peppermint to that area at night. I did that every other day and I think it helped reduce breakage and help strengthen my hair follicules. I haven't had a problem since.
Great tip, I am definitely using my essential oils on the scalp!!!:yep:

I am doing my Crown and Glory style challenge to get my crown back together. I put in my own braids they are the perfect size:), I put a full pack of weave in the back 1/3 of my hair (I love doing it this way it makes it so full and it cut down on the braiding time!!). I will be taking this weave out very 1-2 weeks to deep condition and rebraid/reweave . I have created two different scalp treatments;

Vodka Treatment:

6 Oz Vodka
20 drops Peppermint Oil
15 drops Rosemary Oil
15 drops Eucalyptis Oil
10 drops Lime EO
10 drops Sweet Orange EO
10 drops Cinnamon Oil
5 drops Lavendar EO
5 drops Ylang Ylang
5 drops Clary Sage
5 drops Sage
5 drops Grapefruit EO
5 drops Myrrh

I put all of this into a very narrow nozzle tip bottle. I use this on my scalp to cleanse and refresh in the mornings. I know this is a lot of essential oils but I have so many I wanted to experiment. I think the Best ones are the Rosemary and Peppermint everything else is because I am an all natural PJ:)

My second recipe is more of a moisturizer and I put it in a spray bottle to spray on my scalp. I plan to alternate this spray with the Vodka treatment.

Aloe Essential Treatment
6 Oz Aloe Vera Juice
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Glycerine
20 drops Peppermint Oil
15 drops Rosemary Oil
15 drops Eucalyptis Oil
10 drops Lime EO
10 drops Sweet Orange EO
10 drops Cinnamon Oil
5 drops Lavendar EO
5 drops Ylang Ylang
5 drops Clary Sage
5 drops Sage
5 drops Grapefruit EO
5 drops Myrrh

I am enjoying experimenting and thoroughly enjoying my braids. I missed them soooo much. I couldn't get them because my hairline was so damaged but I am excited about the fact that they are going to help me reach my next milestone:p

Trimbride, your braids are cute. Wait a minute...I think I have some extra hair lying around here. I might have to do some experimenting. I hope your journey is going well. I was so happy to see this one bumped up again. :)

I would like to join this challenge. I am currently trying to thicken my nape and edges. I just notice breakage in the crown area also:( .

Ineedhair said:
I would like to join this challenge. I am currently trying to thicken my nape and edges. I just notice breakage in the crown area also:( .

Great, Good Luck! I am still in braids trying to get my crown area back in shape.:)

I am still working on my crown. I am using BT and rosemary oil. I may add a little peppermint to it as well. It is still shorter than the rest but my texlaxing is more consistent so I am confident about my future:)

Updates please!

My hairline is beautiful and thriving :love:

My crown is still not as long as the other parts of my hair but it is coming in fuller and thicker.

I am taking it one step at a time and using tried and true methods to nurse the crown back to health.

• I am texlaxing every 10-12 weeks with a mild Silk Elements relaxer. I keep the relaxer in for 15 minutes
  • I am massaging the scalp in the crown area with a mix of aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, and lavendar essential oil.
  • I did two big chops to even out the hair but the crown is still 2-3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair, but as I said it is gaining thickness and the future looks promising :)
  • I am washing and deep conditioning twice per week (protein moisture balance)
  • I don't use hair elastics or bobby pins in my hair at all. I am currently wearing a fall as a protective style with my hair in a loose braid underneath.
  • I don't use heat or brushes
  • I only use seamless combs and I try to limit combing my hair
  • I moisturize twice per day and I mix castor oil with my moisturizer. Sometimes I mix silk amino acids in with my moisturizer.
I would say that this is one of the biggest challenges that I have faced since joining the board. I have not gotten much growth in two years (because of my two big chops) but my hair is thicker and healthier.

I look forward to what the future will hold in the next 6-12 months :grin:

Back