The Official Sew-In Thread!

sheba1

Angenoir that story is so so sad. That lady probably walks around thinking she just has fine hair, too. and is addicted to sew ins because it's the only way she thinks she can have full "healthy looking" hair.

How did you keep from talking to her? I would have found a reason to get her number. I'd have told her I thought I saw a deal on the hair I was wearing (since she wanted a similar install) but to give me her number and I'd let her know. I would have found a way to fill her in on appropriate hair care so stylists could stop murdering her hair.

what is extension plus? and where can i get it from? can it be ordered online? thanks

Extensions plus is high quality hair that can be reused for several installs. It can be purchased here from their official site.

Less expensive but still nice quality is wagman's. I don't hear as much talk on LHCF for halleyscurls (hc); there is more discussion of their hair at BHM.

If you do a search for either of those (ie wagmans pictures) on google, you're bound to find many pics. The great thing about these places is that they use actual hair and process some of it to look and behave like relaxed texture hair, kinky curly for a nice 4a/3c match, etc.

Last edited:

angenoir

Angenoir that story is so so sad. That lady probably walks around thinking she just has fine hair, too. and is addicted to sew ins because it's the only way she thinks she can have full "healthy looking" hair.

How did you keep from talking to her? I would have found a reason to get her number. I'd have told her I thought I saw a deal on the hair I was wearing (since she wanted a similar install) but to give me her number and I'd let her know. I would have found a way to fill her in on appropriate hair care so stylists could stop murdering her hair.

I think I was too shocked to say a thing and also because my friend is the "stylist". I didnt know how to handle it. But she is going back next week and I will pass by and "coincidentally" meet her.

Also I am counting on the fact that since we both work for pharma companies we will meet at one the events.

My hair still has a long way to go with regard to length and health but at least I know healthy hair practices and I would be happy to share them with her.

Last edited: