The "I love my texture" thread

I love my various textures; from twa, to big hair don't care, to waves on wash day and to my natural curls while deep in a stretch :drunk:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 119
My texture doesn't allow for WNGs without consequences so my hair is always stretched. I rarely get to see my natural texture. But I love my streched, poofy hair and I can't wait until it gets longer/bigger.

Love my fro with a headband
Christmas2010-vi.jpg

And without
IMG_0011-vi.jpg

My "starting to get outta hand" fro
101_0691-vi.jpg

Love my poofy ponytails
101_0712-vi.jpg

My "blowout"
IMG_0067-vi.jpg

And my "blowout" ponytail
Ponytail10_13_2012-vi.jpg

And I absolutely love the minibraids that I wear almost half the year. They allow me to WNG daily w/o consequences. :)

IMG_0203-vi.jpg

Beautiful hair ladies!

Once I started to accept my texture for what it is, I began to LOVE it. I know what works and what my hair likes - and doesn't - now. It's taken a long time and many set backs to get here. My hair is finally starting to thrive.

MzSwift your hair is amazing. I want my hair to be like yours when it grows up.

Here are a few of mine...

Shortly after my BC end-2009:
image-450716540.jpg

image-3608425458.jpg

WNG Puff August 2011:
image-2317556432.jpg

image-479641313.jpg

Twistout from a couple months ago:
image-3731986306.jpg

SexySin985

Thanks girl :) But by the looks of that puff in your avi, you have no reason at all to be jealous!

So my hair is pretty much either in the mini braids I posted or in cornrows under a wig. Once or twice a month I'll wear it out for date/ladies night. But it's back into mini braids or wigs the next day.

I M&S daily, twice a day. All of this time, I've been using ceramide oils to seal (Grapeseed, EVOO, Safflower) and didn't know it.. so I guess I'm a ceramide girl. LoL

Weekly, I cleanse my hair and then DC. I don't wash it loose, though - I do it in either the mini braids or the cornrows. It makes life so much easier. I like to water rinse or cowash daily in the mini braids. I primarily use my hands/fingers to style and detangle.

I'm cheap and I'm selective about what I use in my hair. My staples are: ayurveda powders, Suave Coconut condish, Queen Helene cholesterol deep condish, water and oils. Up until last year, I only used heat once or twice per year. I've just started using heat more often so we'll see how that goes. HTH! :)

I love my texture. Still trying to figure out how to describe it....lol and I am enjoying the process of growing it out.

Attachments

• misc 274.jpg
    misc 274.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 42
  • misc 279.jpg
    misc 279.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Back