The Cellophane and Clear Rinse Thread

i was at the beauty supply the other day and sebastian does still make their color shines but now it comes in a tube instead of a bottle i didnt have time to look at the ingredients because i had already been there for quite a while. my friend that i was with brought the clear version shes white and has damaged hair due to years of highlights and blowdrying so ill have to ask her how it went

Thanks for the info! I miss my color shines.

Also I have a question for everyone with darker brown hair....

have any of ya'll used goldish, redish...or other brown like rinses and had results? And by results as the color showing? or adding to your color already??

Also I have a question for everyone with darker brown hair....

have any of ya'll used goldish, redish...or other brown like rinses and had results? And by results as the color showing? or adding to your color already??

My hair is naturally very dark brown. I love using Mahogany rinses (I usually use adore brand) because it makes my color look richer with a little touch of red highlights when the sun hits it.

I bought John Fried Color Glaze, the Clear Shine and the Brunette. I mixed both. In some light, there is a nice brown shine.

I posted pics in my March-May 2008 album in my fotki. Thanks for sharing all of your tips, ladies. Me likes.

I've updated my review on John Frieda's Clear glaze and I havea review on Jazzing's clear rinse ITH anyone. I'll be updating the John Frieda's Clear Glaze product review again as I use it in different ways (IE...not according to directions :grin:).

Hey NeeNee, I'm thinking about jacking your hair color idea but I wanted to know what your natural hair color is. Is it really dark? have you had it lightened? I'm almost black and I want to be sure the color will come in nicely.

Hey NeeNee, I'm thinking about jacking your hair color idea but I wanted to know what your natural hair color is. Is it really dark? have you had it lightened? I'm almost black and I want to be sure the color will come in nicely.

Girl, I have been dying my hair sooo long I forget what my natural color is. :lachen:But it is also almost black and when I want the red to show up more I lighten it with a dark and lovely blonde for a few minutes then add the colorshowers. :yep:

I bought John Fried Color Glaze, the Clear Shine and the Brunette. I mixed both. In some light, there is a nice brown shine.

I posted pics in my March-May 2008 album in my fotki. Thanks for sharing all of your tips, ladies. Me likes.

You color looks good LE!!!! :yep:

Ok, so you mix cellopane with a conditioner, let it sit, then rinse it out? I'm going to try to find this product. I need to have my hair black and not gray.:ohwell:

Yes, it's OK. It will bring out the color of the henna and add shine. I'm henna'd and recently starting using John Frieda Glaze. As long as you are using BAQ henna, you will be fine.

Good quesiton NappyRina, that was one of my major concerns, 'cause I have henna'd hair also. To add to what JLove said, you may want to harvest some of your hair and do a test...just to be safe.

Thanks for responding JLove74 & LadyEsquire!

I have been using the henna powder from FromNatureWithLove.com .. it is good quality, finely sifted without sticks, stones, metallics etc but the site does not specify that it is BAQ henna..it is much cheaper than the BAQ I've seen at other sites online though and when I e-mailed the company for details as to the origin of their henna and whether or not it was BAQ henna, I got vague answers..they did state that their henna is very fresh and can be used on the body as well as the hair so :look:.....

It's good to know that henna'ed heads are using rinses/cellophanes so if I do decide to do it in the future, I'll definitely do a test area of my hair beforehand

Thanks again....

Last edited:

I have been using the henna powder from FromNatureWithLove.com .. it is good quality, finely sifted without sticks, stones, metallics etc but the site does not specify that it is BAQ henna..it is much cheaper than the BAQ I've seen at other sites online though and when I e-mailed the company for details as to the origin of their henna and whether or not it was BAQ henna, I got vague answers..they did state that their henna is very fresh and can be used on the body as well as the hair so :look:.....

It's good to know that henna'ed heads are using rinses/cellophanes so if I do decide to do it in the future, I'll definitely do a test area of my hair beforehand

Thanks again....

Rest assured henna from FNWL is BAQ:yep:

Thanks again....

JLove, you gave me the courage to try my first rinse. I did the John Frieda, mixed Clear with Brunette Color Shines...on top of my henna. Came out great. How long did you say you leave it on? I followed the directions on the box, and only left it on for a few mins in the shower.
Do you ever sit under the dryer?

JLove, you gave me the courage to try my first rinse. I did the John Frieda, mixed Clear with Brunette Color Shines...on top of my henna. Came out great. How long did you say you leave it on? I followed the directions on the box, and only left it on for a few mins in the shower.
Do you ever sit under the dryer?

Ohhh, I bet it came out puuurty:yep: I left it on for about 30 minutes w/no heat (I did sit outside, because it was such a nice day on the day I did it)

I love this thread!

I was about to post about my Colorshowers experience. I used to use Sebastians Cellophanes, but I decided to give Colorshowers a try. I used Miel and I love how shiny my hair is...came out just as good as Cellphones and it was only $10.

Has anyone used the brown colors? I want to achieve a really rich brown color now, like a chestnut...I'm going back to read through the thread :grin:.

Ok. Can yall break it down for a sista.

i bought the clear John Freida.

How much conditioner should I mix in? Or should I layer it on conditioner on, detangle, then add cellophane.

Also do you recommend pplying to wet or dry hair, or does it not matter?

If wet how long before I rinse??? if dry...????

Also, should I sit under the dryer or does it not matter.

I hate to be remedial, but i want to get the best results for my $10:yep:

How much conditioner should I mix in? Or should I layer it on conditioner on, detangle, then add cellophane.

For the clear: I applied it to dry hair (let it sit for about 30 minutes), washed and then DC'd
For the brunette: washed, condished, applied to hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes, rinsed and styled.

didn't sit under the dryer either time.

I put my clear on dry hair then sat under my steamer for about 25 minutes. I then shampoo, and did a DC with a mix of different conditoners and squeezed some more of the clear into the mix and went back under the steamer.
Curls with rollers just pulled out.

HPIM0855148.jpg

I put my clear on dry hair then sat under my steamer for about 25 minutes. I then shampoo, and did a DC with a mix of different conditoners and squeezed some more of the clear into the mix and went back under the steamer.

HPIM0855148.jpg

Wow Dee!!That sure is purrty :yep: Look at the shine.

HPIM0855148.jpg

Dee! I LOVE the shine!!!!!!!! :love:

Back