*~* The Aloe Vera Challenge *~*

I rubbed AVG on my scalp last night while prepooing. And today I'm going to try a mix of AVJ and distilled water as a final rinse.

I've been away for a minute! Thanks for the tag KurlyNinja

What type of Aloe Vera are you using?
I'm using Aloe Vera Juice (I need to go check the brand - will update when I go back downstairs!)

How are you using Aloe Vera in your reggie?
I add it to a bottle of water and spritz my hair a couple of times a day. Right now I'm in cornrow extensions and it's keeping my scalp VERY happy! I also experimented with AVJ + water + ACV and I didn't notice a difference, but I'll try it for another week or two and see if I notice anything.

How often do you plan on using aloe vera?
Every single day! LOL...twice, or more a day...

sprayed my hair with a mixture of shea moisture hold & shine moisture mist, aloe vera juice, castor oil, shea moisture curl & style milk. shook it up and sprayed it on.

What type of Aloe Vera are you using?

Lily of The Desert Whole Leaf

How are you using Aloe Vera in your reggie?

-prepoo
-clay mix
-leave in

Weekly -twice a week.

Spritzed my hair with aloe Vera and rosewater today. My hair and scalp are in LOVE with this stuff. Ive actually gained an inch this past month which is how long I've been doing the rinses. Keeping this in my reggie for good.

I use Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice (the one from Whole Foods). I use it 3 times a week, using in my DCs and in my spritz bottle along with EVCO and glycerin. Thinking I may need to start refrigerating my spritz bottle as I'm not sure if the type of AVJ I have requires refrigeration or not? Anyone else make a point of refrigerating their AVJ??
Hello yynot, yes you should refrigerate your aloe vera juice. That keeps it fresh. It's perishable. I love the cold tingle on my scalp straight from the frig :drunk:.

Last edited:
First i DC overnight. Then in the morning after i rinsed I shampooed. Then i made a aloe vera gel and olive oil conditioner. I felt like i had to shampoo because i hadn't shampooed in 2 weeks. I mixed 1/4 aloe vera gel and olive oil. I added a few drops of Lavender essential oil for fragrance. I worked it into my scalp and let it sit for about 10 mins. It left my hair feeling very soft and manageable and easy to detangle. I air dried and styled for braidouts. I left my braids in from Saturday until Monday morning for more defined braids. Here's the results. My roots are happy :yep:

Attachments

• SAM_5110.jpg
    SAM_5110.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I remembered my aloe today and did an aloe rinse after my cowash.

Spritzed my hair with aloe Vera and rosewater today. My hair and scalp are in LOVE with this stuff. Ive actually gained an inch this past month which is how long I've been doing the rinses. Keeping this in my reggie for good.

Nix08, KurlyNinja, do you leave your spritz out? i know aloevera suppose to be refrig but it hard to do that if you spritz alot.

I spritz yesterday and this morning.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=619235
To join the challenge just thank the post and answer these questions.

What type of Aloe Vera are you using? Lily of the Desert Juice

How are you using Aloe Vera in your reggie? Chicoro prepoo with AVJ, CO, and 100% argan oil. Now I will use AVJ in my DC as well.

Every wash (2x a week)

No pics, but my hair feels sleeker/smoother SOFTER and I love it.

Ltown I leave mine in the fridge...and it sucks because I've been forgetting:nono:
When I first started my journey I used AVJ as my leave in and I would pour out about enough for the weeks use...I think I may try that again....

Ltown I use Georges brand partially distilled 100% aloe Vera. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. That's why I don't even think I want to try the juice. Its easier to store this and I can still get all tue benefits from it.

Hi JayJaycurlz. AVG can be used as a moisturizing conditioner for the scalp. It helps prevent itching and dandruff to the scalp. Hope this bit of info helps!

Wow this is so interesting! I think I want to join! This is ironic because I almost added some aloe vera juice to my spray bottle this morning to refresh my wash and go but was too lazy hahaha...I think I am going to start off doing the rinses after I cowash to see how I like it. I can't remember the brand name of the bottle that I have but I am going to have to get a bigger bottle real soon. Thanks for the information KurlyNinja.

I've been doing my avj spritz daily, and also as the L of the LOC method.

Since I make 32oz of spritz at a time, I actually use a preservative in it (I won't mention what it contains, the awful para--- :look:).

Ltown I use Georges brand partially distilled 100% aloe Vera. It doesn't need to be refrigerated. That's why I don't even think I want to try the juice. Its easier to store this and I can still get all tue benefits from it.

KurlyNinja i have some of that too but was saving it for internal drink. But after i finsh using lily i'll use that solely for hair too.

This morning I went on and made my braid spray (I was being lazy using African Braid Spray) but it's sticky and I think it makes my scalp itch. So I went on and made my braiding spray I mixed Water/DB Daily Leave In Pumpkin Spice/Aloe Vera Juice/Grapeseed Oil/Peppermint Oil/Tea Tree Oil. My scalp and braids feel so much better and softer.
I know the Aloe Vera Juice should keep my hair moisturized.

Hairroots said:
First i DC overnight. Then in the morning after i rinsed I shampooed. Then i made a aloe vera gel and olive oil conditioner. I felt like i had to shampoo because i hadn't shampooed in 2 weeks. I mixed 1/4 aloe vera gel and olive oil. I added a few drops of Lavender essential oil for fragrance. I worked it into my scalp and let it sit for about 10 mins. It left my hair feeling very soft and manageable and easy to detangle. I air dried and styled for braidouts. I left my braids in from Saturday until Monday morning for more defined braids. Here's the results. My roots are happy :yep:

How did u make the gel?

I will be doing a aloe vera rinse in the morning after my overnight DCing with TRESemme' Luxurious Moisture Conditioner blended with Sesame Oil. Covered with a plastic cap. I can't wait to feel the coolness on my scalp. :lachen:

just LOC moisturized my hair

used - my spray mix, which has shea moisture hold & shine moisture mist, aloe vera juice, water, shea moisture curl & style milk & castor oil as the "liquid"

used - my organic-creations conditioner as the "cream" -aloe vera juice is the first ingredient in this conditioner. i use it as a moisturizer and not a conditioner...even though it's labeled as a conditioner base

I use aloe vera juice as a moisture pre-poo http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=509482 and slather evco on top of that. It boosts my deep conditioner and is the first step in my weekly routine to allow my hair to accept moisture.

I also use aloe vera gel mixed w/castor/jojoba oil as a moisturizer and and for twistouts and smoothing hair down
virtuenow, have you tried the aloe rinse on your low porosity hair? I'm curious to how your hair responded to it since I too have low porosity. I've used the aloe pre-poo but I don't recall the results since I used it sometime ago.

divachyk no I haven't tried aloe vera rinses yet. To be clear, I'm still not sure if I'm low or high porosity. Both threads diagnosed me as low, but I have characteristics of both. Aloe vera, weekly light protein (GPB), and oil rinses (castor oil) have been instrumental in helping my hair to accept moisture; whereas it used to reject it and just sit on my hair. I'm not comfortable using any rinses after I had my fiasco w/acv rinses severely drying my hair out; but the pre poo is awesome.

Back