Texturizers

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Hi all,

I am new to the board, but I have been enjoying you all's wonderful advice for soooo long
smile.gif
. Well this is my question, my Mom has cut all her hair off and she has been doing really good getting her hair in a healthy state so she can start using chemicals again (she wants to texturize). The only thing is that we are totally clueless as to what brand to get. Could someone please give some recs on good lye based texturizers? TIA

I use Revlon Realistic lye relaxer to texturize. It works very well for me. My hair is also resistant. Texturizer kits aren't strong enough for me and they leave my hair very dry, so I don't use them.

I use motions oil lye relaxer (regular strength) on my hair for about 7 minutes...

A friend of mine uses motions oil relaxer, but in mild.
Well, her stylist has been using it on her hair for about 8 years now I think. My friend couldn't get her hair done by the stylist and had gone 9 months without a touch-up, so she decided to do it herself with the motions texturizer. She said that it worked well for her. I believe she is a 4A/3B.

Thanks all for your reply's. We got a pretty good idea on what we're gonna do!!! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back