Texturizer/Texlaxing

steph19

Hey yall!!

I did my BC last December and havent had a perm since.

My hair has no problem growing

But IT HAS A BIG PROBLEM BEING MANAGABLE

I have always had the thickest hair imaginable, trust me its CRAZY, and while it is COURSE(Aint no 3c or 4a anywhere in here lol) it is sssssoooo thick even after I cut it all off

So basically, I HAVE to relax/texlax my hair cuz it has been kickin my butt and I'm sick of it

OK, so what I want, if possible, is to relax or texlax as you all call it so I can keep my natural curls and wear afros and not be bone straight..again if possible, if not I'll just get a regular relaxer

I wanted to know if texlaxing is different from "texturizing"

I saw "African Pride Texturizer" in the store but I really dont know if that stuff really works..like is it going to turn it really curly like the box lol and help me manage my hair or is it just a waste of money?? Have any of you used that?..Thats the only texturizer that I saw in the store..unless there are some in the caucasian section? I dont think so lol

So, basically what I want is to have curly hair,and I'd like to know if there are any perms that really do that or if i should just go on and get a regular relaxer for my hair

Thanks, I know this was kinda long

Neith

I use a regular relaxer on mine. :yep:

There is no big difference in texlaxing/texturizing... usually texturized hair is less processed than texlaxed hair...

but they are basically synonyms.

BTW... texturizing doens't really make your hair "more manageable" You're still going to have very thick hair, lol. It'll just be a little more loosely curled... which may or may not help out with tangling. The big plus for me is less shrinkage.

It will need more babying and moisturizing too!

Good luck with your hair journey!

DarkAngell

I can't really tell you the different between texturizer and texlax. Texlax is relaxing for a shorter amount of time or using a mild relaxeer and i think texturizer is a different chemical make up all together?? Dont quote me on it. Im sure someone will come in here and correct me.

I just texlaxed a month ago and thick hair was one of my reasons. I have 3c but BOY is my hair THICKKKKKK. I have ALOT of hair that products dont like to work on. My hair laughed @ gels, butters, oils, you name it...

i used Silk Elements mild lye relaxer. I seperated in 8 sections. Did a section, combed it for 2-3 mins and washed right back out ( i was paranoid of overprocessing & losing my curls ).

The results were VERY curly hair, thick but not nearly as thick as is was, MUCH more managable, gels/butters/etc works on it now, and much easier straightening.

Neith

I can't really tell you the different between texturizer and texlax. Texlax is relaxing for a shorter amount of time or using a mild relaxeer and i think texturizer is a different chemical make up all together?? Dont quote me on it. Im sure someone will come in here and correct me.

I just texlaxed a month ago and thick hair was one of my reasons. I have 3c but BOY is my hair THICKKKKKK. I have ALOT of hair that products dont like to work on. My hair laughed @ gels, butters, oils, you name it...

i used Silk Elements mild lye relaxer. I seperated in 8 sections. Did a section, combed it for 2-3 mins and washed right back out ( i was paranoid of overprocessing & losing my curls ).

The results were VERY curly hair, thick but not nearly as thick as is was, MUCH more managable, gels/butters/etc works on it now, and much easier straightening.

Interesting... I put on a relaxer for 20 mins to texlax and my hair hair is still as thick and unruly as ever, just less shrinkage and less kink/more curls.

2 or 3 mins would do NOTHING to my hair.

I guess as always, different heads of hair react differently to things.

hopeful

If your hair is not curly, it will not come out curly, what you have will be elongated/stretched. I have 4a/b hair, and I think I have more of the b than I realized. After texturizing with silk elements mild, my hair is easier to manage and I'm really enjoying it, but it is not curly. Didn't know if your hair was curly or not but just wanted to mention that.

steph19

Wow the replies were fast thanks!!!

Well I guess I was trying to say more managable but I dont think I worded it right..I just dont want to lose my curls forever by putting an actual relaxer on it, I wanted to maintain it..if that makes since lol

But yea I LOVE having thick hair,I wouldnt want it to be fine or anything, just less harder to deal with

My hair usually laughs at alot of products mentioned throughout the site lol so i just decided to stick to regular products that work just fine..like that castor oil? LOL my hair was like honey please

But again thanks for the info and advice, I have the day off from school so I'm spending it with my hair..off to the store

Chameleonchick

Okay well I think they are both the same thing. I texlaxed for 17 minutes and it still looks like my natural hair just softer and looser. I like to call it the sweated out press look.