Texturizer Natural 4b Hair on Friday : Pros & Cons

natural2008

Hello All,
I plan to get a texturizer on Friday August 8, 2008 and would like to get your advice. What are the pros and cons. I've tried to work with this Natural Hair for 4 and a half months and think that a texturizer may be a tad bit easier to work with. I've not had any chemicals in 9 years. Please give me your advise.

Neith

PROS

It definitely makes your hair EASIER to work with.

The comb glides through my hair... I have very little tangling and I lose very little hair :yep:

Flatironing is easy and comes out better...

It's easy to get your hair straight without heat (depends on how texturized you are)

LESS SHRINAKGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

CONS

You're actually using a caustic chemical... not the nicest thing to think about.

You probably will need to up your protein treatments, your hair is now relaxed and tends to NEED protein.

natural2008

Hello Neith,
I am soooo scared, but I really want hair that i can do more with. What types of protein do you use? Conditioner with protein? Is my hair going to look like yours? What was your hair type before you texturized? Can you wash and go?

Neith

Hello Neith,
I am soooo scared, but I really want hair that i can do more with. What types of protein do you use? Conditioner with protein? Is my hair going to look like yours? What was your hair type before you texturized? Can you wash and go?

Don't be scared! :)

Make sure you do your research and really think it out before you do it :yep:

I was 100% natural just this year, so I know what you're going through!

I don't have any texture pics of my natural hair. I always wore it in twist outs and I wasn't into taking hair pics. My mom has all my childhood pics showing my natural hair.

My natural hair type is a mix of mostly 4a with 4b with some very well defined 4a.

Why don't you try a strand test before relaxing so you have an idea about how your hair would look?

Are you self relaxing?

Yes, I can easily wash and go. Looks just like my avvie and siggy pics.

natural2008

I plan to go to the shop on Friday and she mentioned that she was going to do a strand test first. How did you first react when you got the texturizer? Were you always playing in your hair?

natural2008

I plan to go to the shop on Friday and she mentioned that she was going to do a strand test first. How did you first react when you got the texturizer? Were you always playing in your hair?

natural2008

Neith

I was initially disappointed, :lol:

This is my hair processed with ORS no lye SUPER for 20 mins.

I WAS going for a relaxed look... straight, but slightly wavy. I'd have to overprocess my hair for that :nono: I have really bad resistant hair.

Now I'm happy with it and I will continue doing it! I don't play in my hair too much, don't want it to frizz :lol:

natural2008

Girl I will try. I am new to this site and it took a while to post my avatar pic. But I will be sure to. I'm sooooooooo scared, but excited at the same time.

MissMeWithThatIsh

Pros:

• You might find your hair more manageable, with the texture relatively the same, only with minimal shrinkage.
  • You will be able to enjoy the possibility of a wash and go more often.
  • Easier to manipulate - straighten, etc.
  • Texture might be softer, silkier.
Cons:

• You might have your hair overprocessed, which could lead to fine, thin or limp strands.
  • If overprocessed, your texture could also be too straight, or look straight and frizzy at the same time, with poor definition.
  • Your hair will need more TLC
  • You might hate the necessity of perpetual touch ups... and when you stop, have to deal with the art of transitioning.
  • Your hair might simply be damaged.
  • You just might hate the process and wish you never did it to begin with (regret).