Child's Texturizer on natural hair???

MoeB424

Hello All- I've heard that for people with natural hair a texturizer used for kids like "Just for me" can be used to temporarily straighten natural hair without damaging or permanently altering the hair's natural state... Is this true? Has anyone tried this?

sorry but no. just for me is a RELAXER and it permanently alters the hair shaft making the hair processed not natural.

perhaps a lime/coconut milk conditioner to temporarily alter the hair texture?

^^ :look: In OPs defence (kind of), those products have very slick marketing used to convince a lot of mothers that the product is not as harmful or as serious as a regular relaxer.

OP, try the coconut + lime thing, full fat natural yoghurt or bentonite clay. These things are known to temporarily loosen texture over time.

HTH.

Wow, you've been here since '07?

That could've just been the date she recreated a screen name, and not her active join date (especially if she was a lurker). My stats state that I joined in 06 but it wasn't until Nov 07 when I actually paid the fee and became an active member

Back OT

Yes the Just for Me Texture Softner uses the same chemicals as a relaxer to straighten the hair. Since it's a permanent process, it does not revert.

No one here knows everything. It's an open forum to ask questions without being judged.

Anyways...

Kiddie relaxers and texturizers are basically the same thing as adult relaxers and texturizers. They just market them towards children. It's not any less potent just because it's made for a child.

thank you all- that's pretty much what I thought about it and thank God I didn't listen to my co-worker...

^^ :look: In OPs defence (kind of), those products have very slick marketing used to convince a lot of mothers that the product is not as harmful or as serious as a regular relaxer.
OP, try the coconut + lime thing, full fat natural yoghurt or bentonite clay. These things are known to temporarily loosen texture over time.

HTH.

ITA. There was a video on YT a little while ago where a woman used a texturiser on her daughters hair and she had no idea that it was permanent. She thought as soon as she washed her hair it would revert back :sad:

Back