Tallahassee, FL salons

ldp

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know of good salons (Dominican or otherwise) in Tallahassee, FL or a neighboring town. I posted in the Salon Review discussion, but figured I'd try here too.

Thanks in Advance.

A lady named Arteena who works at a salon across the street from the post office on orange and adams does great hair.:yep:

I used to live in Tallahassee. I used to go to Ambiance salon. The owner/stylist Dorinda is a real sweetheart. I liked the way she used to do my hair.

No, cuz I never had to call it. But I do have her number. I've gone to kiersten and Co. and I've gone to and worked at ambiance, these places are nice but I liked Arteena the best. When I went to Kiertsen they bleached my hair twice in a month(I didn't like the color the first time and thought that she was just gonna use a mild toner). But my hair always looked really nice, but they usually bow dry your hair every time you come in with a round brush. Dorinda does really nice layered cuts, but you have to be sure she understands how much hair you are willing to let ler cut off and that she doesn't cut any more than that. I went to arteena for the first time because I got a botched short cut and she fixed it and it was absolutely gorgeous, and some of her clients have really long hair(bsl-wsl).

A lady named Arteena who works at a salon across the street from the post office on orange and adams does great hair.:yep:

Are you talking about Marvalous? I know the name of the salon has changed. It was owned by a lady named Marva. I know it's a religous setting and they can DO some hair there.

Last edited:
Is that the name of the lady that owns the salon? I only know her by Arteena, I was referred to her.

OK, It's Marvalous Hair and Nail Studio. I am not sure if Arteena works there. You can call, the number is 942-2526. They open at 9:30a

When I went to FAMU I went to Celebrities across the street a couple times for relaxers. They use Keracare exclusively...but they act like they won't do ur hair unless u get it clipped if u "need" it. Their suppose to be really into doing healthy hair. I really needed a clip so i wasn't mad and she did a nice job. I liked how my hair came out....the owner did it. I kno her name started with a T but i cant remember right now.

Wow I cant believe that salon is still called Marvalous. At one point that thing changed names every 4 months.

The owner of celebrities is Trenice. She does an excellent job. She gave me probably one of the best cuts I've ever had. However, she's a little pricey for a student's budget. Whatever you do, don't go to a place on Appalachee Pkwy. I think it was called "all about hair." The owner's name is Lolita. She gave me the worst hair cut and covered it up by putting a bunch of curls in my hair. I didn't notice it for a few days. Never again! I'm so glad you started this thread. I've been looking for other options in Tallahassee.

There's also Garrett's Hair Salon on Lake Bradford. The owner Garrett does my hair and does an excellent job, I have been going to him since I have been in Tallahassee which has been for 10 years.

Back