Switching from No lye to Lye

Patrice

Hey ladies I am thinking about trying Mizani lye relaxer but I have been using Optimum no lye for a few months now and its working ok But I am looking for a change, Can switching from no lye to lye damage my hair? has anyone ever done so without having problems?. I am due for a relaxer towards the middle of June after waiting 12 weeks and I am planning on colering my hair within a few weeks, My hair is at a really healthy stage right now and I am so afraid to mess it up, please give me some suggestions on switching and coloring Thanks in advance
ohwell.gif

Hi Patrice,

I switched from box perms to Affirm last year. Prior to that I had been using box perms my whole life. After giving my hair a 6 month break from chemicals, wearing braids. I didn't cut off all the no lye hair only about 3 inches. I haven't had any adverse effects. I have however been babying my hair since finding this board which I'm sure helped.

thanks Debyjay, I am so nervous because when I was looking at the mizani in the local beauty supply the chinese man said "that perm is gonna make all your hair come out" I guess Ill take my chances though

I switched to lye and had continually underprocessed hair and so switched back. If you aren't experiencing dryness with the no-lye (as many do, which is why they made the switch) I recommend sticking with what works.
I wish someone had told me that last year.

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I switched to lye and had continually underprocessed hair and so switched back. If you aren't experiencing dryness with the no-lye (as many do, which is why they made the switch) I recommend sticking with what works.
I wish someone had told me that last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if it ain't broken don't try to fix it. In hair care you learn to stick with what works for you this is very important in hair care and growth. I use to use no lye and it broke my hair off so I recenlty switched back to lye which works alot better for me. But overall if IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T TRY TO FIX IT!!!
smile.gif

Back