Super Healthy Ends Challenge 2010!

Gdm ladies!!! well i washed and dc'ed my hair this morning after working out and taking out my cornrows from my scalp itching so bad:wallbash:it's much better now, my ends are looking good, they might need a slight dusting so i may not go to the dominican salon till the last friday of this month...:grin: but i don't know because I am doing so good, without using any type of heat, i mean I'm not using any heat at all, and I am proud of myself, it's been a few months and i really believe that is what is helping my ends...:drunk:

Checking in: I have been consistently fake bunning. I cut off a few inches of hair about a week ago. I have layers now. I really needed that because they were so thin.
Other than that I have been sealing my ends with either Elasta QP Mango butter or Claudie's Ends Insurance.

Ok, I'm shameless now. I have a baggied bun with a scrunchie around it. No cover over the baggy. Nada. I wonder what people are thinking. Ah well. :rolleyes:

i just finish working out!!! it's part of me getting healthy and part of my hair growing regimen... i rinsed my cornrows after and applied my conditioner leave-in mix I made and will be moisturizing and sealing and baggying once it dries some.

I want in for the 2nd challenge. I just got a pretty big hair cut, so my ends are all on point and I'd like to try to keep them that way.

Only thing I cannot do is the no heat. I am transitioning (9months) and I get my hair flat ironed weekly. However, I never ever use heat between washes.

I don't do anything too special. No baggying or any of that, tried it in the past, made my hair weak and mushy. I just moisturize daily or every other day with Keracare Jojoba Oil moisturizer and follow that up with oil. Right now I'm using an oil from Carols daughter or Kemi oyl. The keracare can be kinda heavy (it has mineral oil and petolatum), but its one thing that does seem to take away the crispiness on the ends. So it will be what I use unless I find something else better.

My hair is short so I don't have to worry about ends rubbing on my clothes.

I totally didn't check in for the current session of this challenge. But I have a new haircut and am back on track with my regimen. So I'm in for session 2. :)

For the record, I want to shout from a rooftop....MY ENDS ARE LIKE SILK PERFECTION!!!

Whew. I needed to get that out. Thanks.

MY ENDS ARE AWESOME!!!!THANK YOU ,THANK YOU!!! BECAUSE OF MY NEW PRODUCT BUT FIRST!!!
checkin in: okay so i have been washing weekly, keeping my hair in cornrows under my half wig, baggying 5-7 days a week, apply my mn mix every other day and my mt on the opposite days, i have been exercising monday thru friday and I found anew product that was only a dollar and i waited a month to test it and wanted to let u guys know about, i mean i have been using it in my nape area with no other products just to see how good it is i found it at dollar tree, and it was a dollar okay!!! so here we grow the name of the company is sulfur solutions it has a white applicator bottle red top, yellow blue N black label its called hair serum complex its for permed, relaxed, natural, bleached dry hair and scalp. it's 100% effective or ur money back!(but it's a dollar what do you have to loose!)and you get 4oz and u only need a little. it smooths split ends,helps restore lost oils,gives volume and sheen and is alcohol free, it goes on smooth and and dries tack free. it controls frizzies,conditions, and adds sheen.(reading from the bottle) directions say: shake well, apply small amount at roots gently massage into scalp until product is penetrated style hair as usual.
okay so we want to kno the ingredients right!!! here we go!
first ingredient >aloe vera gel, propylene glycol,polyquaternium 7, centrimonium chloride, glycerine,hydroxyethyl cellulose,guar hydroxypropl diammonium chlorids, oleh-20,fragrance, avocado oil, jojoba oil, edta, methlyparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin,phosphoric acid,silk amino acids, keratin protein,wheat grem oil, yellow 5,red 4. those are the indegredients in that order it is awesome n only a buck, and it has alot of great ingredients, and no mineral oil or petrolieum. so i hope u guys can find it!!!(especially with 8 booming ingredients!)
oh and im also taking my one a day multivitamin!

Just checking in...
I've been wearing two strand twist for 2 weeks with a week break (Wash N Go). Moisturizing and DCing my twist and sealing the endings with sunflower or sweet almond oil. I will see how my ends are doing at the end of June... :pray: lol

I'd like to be added for the 2nd session. I haven't checked in on a regular basis in a while but, I have been consistently maintaining my ends. I'm 7 months post & will be relaxing on Thursday. Overall, I'd rate my ends a 4 out of 5. I need about an 1"-1.5" trimmed.

Last edited:
My ends are looking super healthy today. I apply rosewater, ors olive or carrot oil and castor oil nightly. I also use glycerin, rosewater and aloe vera juice on alternate days.

Because I'm just seeing this, I'll join the 2nd session- but I'll start babying them now. :) Good thread Poranges... June 1st it's on!!

well i'm checkin in!:grin:even though it doesn't start till june 1st I have been really babying my ends! and applying s-curl, and evoo oil daily and baggying, they r looking good, i may go for a trim i don't know yet, i may wait it out till august 1st and post a new pic...

My stylist relaxed my hair after a 7 month stretch and trimmed off 1.5". My ends are super healthy and I just have to maintain. Hopefully, I wont need a trim with the next relaxer.:grin:

I've got my hair in flat twists all over. Its the best protective style I could think of to get all my ends in (I have layers).

I miss having hair that was long enough to put in a bun for overnight baggying. I attempted an overnight whole head baggy but had to take it off in the middle of the night because it was hot and I think I was sweating in my sleep. Not very comfortable. :(

I am in for the second season. I been just moisturing my hair every night and sealing with coconut oil, I will switch up with the sealings, I have so many products. So I have to see which gives me the best results. I am getting a trim on Sunday. At the Dominicans. for now I co wash three times a week and leave much of the conditioner in. I spritz during the week with a mixture of water, rosemary oil and Suave's new conditioner sheabutter something or other I really like it. I haven't figured out what I am going to do with my hair just yet. Its mostly out everyday in a fro or a afro puff. which is getting boring I might bunn it up. I just dont' have the face for bunning right now. Will check in every week or so.. I plan to stick with this challenge I need a lot of support, I forgot all about the hair side of the forum for about a year now. My hair has shown it , I need to get on the ball. I deep condition once a week overnight, I might move it up to two or three times a week.

I miss having hair that was long enough to put in a bun for overnight baggying. I attempted an overnight whole head baggy but had to take it off in the middle of the night because it was hot and I think I was sweating in my sleep. Not very comfortable. :(

THis is why I don't do the baggy method. but I notice a huge difference in my hair when I deep condition overnight so I put the plastic bonnet on and then my silk bonnet and another plastic bonnet and you know i completely forgot it was on there. I had no problem sleeping nor was I overheated. It was fine.

I've got my hair in flat twists all over. Its the best protective style I could think of to get all my ends in (I have layers).

Is that the style you're sporting in your profile pic? I LOVE it! And, did you do that yourself or did you have it done? I think I'm going to try that. Thanks for sharing.

I would like to join in on the second round starting June 1. I am in indiv natural braids now, and keep my braided ends moisturized and somewhat hidden.

Moisturize and seal with a mixture of conditioner, water, and a light mixture of oils for now.

THis is why I don't do the baggy method. but I notice a huge difference in my hair when I deep condition overnight so I put the plastic bonnet on and then my silk bonnet and another plastic bonnet and you know i completely forgot it was on there. I had no problem sleeping nor was I overheated. It was fine.
It probably wasn't a good idea to do it on a hot night. :ohwell: I ended up DCing because I can't stand having sweat in my hair. If I attempt it again I'll DC overnight and see what happens. Thanks.

Okay Ya'll......I noticed Poranges hasn't Posted up in this thread in a minute.:look:

Is anybody going to volunteer to re-create & maintain this thread for the June 1st Part of this Challenge?

That needs to be decided upon. Thanks

btw: I'm all up in it and wasn't part of the 1st part.....:blush:but would like to join in June.:lachen:

Is that the style you're sporting in your profile pic? I LOVE it! And, did you do that yourself or did you have it done? I think I'm going to try that. Thanks for sharing.

Yup, same style as the profile pic. I had it done in the salon though. I don't think I'd be able to get the back to turn out right if I tried it myself.

I'm re-starting this challenge. During the first session of this challenge, I was lazy and suffered a major setback. But this session I am determined to maintain my healthy ends.

Back