Summer hair color w/o bleach?

yuhlovevybz

Alright, so basically my hair is dark but shows golden/red color tint in the sun. I wanted to dye my entire head lighter so that this effect would happen without looking at it only in the sun, but it was an epic fail. The color I dyed it appears in the light, but that's all; otherwise it's still 'dark'. Has anyone ever used a dye that will actually get hair to a nice golden brown color without needing to use bleach? Permanent, preferably. I tend to go blue black for the winter and now I want a nice light summer color. TIA! :)

This is a good question. Ive also wondered about this. Bleach does a number on my hair along with the hair color. I need color that doesnt harm my hair.

When I was like 15 I lightened my hair with peroxide. I just rubbed it in my hair everyday and it gradually lightened to a homey blonde color

When I was like 15 I lightened my hair with peroxide. I just rubbed it in my hair everyday and it gradually lightened to a homey blonde color

Peroxide sounds very harsh. did your hair shed or break off during this time?? how long did it take to return to its natural color??

LexiDior said:
Peroxide sounds very harsh. did your hair shed or break off during this time?? how long did it take to return to its natural color??

I don't remember my hair breaking off more than usual, but it was permanent. My hair had to grow out for the color to leave. I also dyed my hair with creme of natures honey blonde last year and my hair felt fine afterward. I just put a clea cellophane on it every now and then to keep it coated.

Back