Summer 2004 HYDRO Challenge!

[ QUOTE ]
gabrielle2 said:
Hydrator calculator

i found this on water.com....it is a great way to find out how many ounces of water we need daily....whether exercising or not. (even if i put in 0 mins of working out..it gives me half of my body weight)

i read a while back..(trying to find the link) the reason there is frequent urination when you increase your water intake is because the body is releasing the stored water. the water that has been stored in the joints and other areas of the body. once the body realizes that you will be giving it adequate amounts of water a day...it stops storing water and therefore the trips to the rest room subsides...(IT REALLY DOES...i down 100 ounces to a gallon of water a day) basically, the water you are releasing is NOT the water you just dranked...but the water that has been sitting around in your body in storage because your body didnt know when was the next time you were going to provide it with more for its daily functions.

HTH
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this...thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
patience said:
THANK YOU GABRIELLE2 FOR FINDING AND POSTING THIS LINK!!!~

IF YOU ALL ARE GOING TO DO A CHALLENGE, THEN DAGGONE IT, DO IT RIGHT OR LEAVE IT ALONE!!!! You have the link for the calculator, PLEASE calculate the CORRECT amount of water that you SHOULD be drinking for this challenge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang Patience A.K.A Water Cop!
laugh.gif
-- I think the spirit of the challenge is just to encourage us all to drink more water. Challengers set their own goals and try to stick to it for the length of the challenge (June 21 - Sept 22). Since there is so much debate, even in the medical community, the water consumption calculators are merely tools and guides. There is no wrong way to do the Hydro challenge.

Sorry...I get frustrated when I read things like drinking a third of your body weight in water...that just sounds plain dumb to me...and on top of that, you're still thirsty...or at least I was still thirsty which meant that I was dehydrated. I'm also a water drinker...with the exception of diluted apple juice (a rare event) or a red rock ginger ale when my stomach is upset, water is all that I drink. I guess I just don't understand why people have issues drinking water when it's much better for the body than alot of other liqiuds.

Anyhoo, enjoy your challenge folks!

Well Water Cop, you know the old saying you can lead a horse to water....But you can't make me drink it unless you add a tea bag and some sugar. yeah I think that's how it goes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Well Water Cop, you know the old saying you can lead a horse to water....But you can't make me drink it unless you add a tea bag and some sugar. yeah I think that's how it goes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Thanks for the laugh!

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif
i LOVE IT
lachen70.gif

ETA...oh yeah..squeeze some lemon in there for me!
lick.gif
YA GOTTA SHARE!

I've been drinking 2 liters of water each day. I've just realized that it's better for me to sip it through out the day instead of trying to guzzle it down within an hour!

I wanna be in, but I have an overactive bladder
perplexed.gif

Is anyone else with this condition in? If so, how do you cope?

<font color="purple">Water! I got to have water! I drink water a lot in the warmer months than in the colder months. So, let's bring it on! I'm down with that! Cheers! </font>
cheers.gif

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
I wanna be in, but I have an overactive bladder
perplexed.gif

Is anyone else with this condition in? If so, how do you cope?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I've got the same darn problem. The first 2 glassess I do o.k. but from there, I have to go to the bathroom every 15-20 min for every next glas I drink. I stopped taking b-complex too because that one had me peeing like horse
grin.gif

I've learned the importance of drinking at least 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water daily. And throughout the day, never all at once. It really does moisturize the skin and hair from the inside out among other great benefits.

The good thing about drinking 2 liters a day is that I'm not hungry all the time! I'm still waiting for the clear skin and water weight loss!

Checking in..I haven't been doing great but school is out and I have a lot more time to concentrate on water so tomorrow is my official restart date. I'll post and let everyone know how it went.

This is a hard one for me but count me in. I absolutely must do better with the water consumption. I think it's actually been three or four days since I've had a glass of water.
spank.gif

Bumping

I'm officially in. For the past week i've been overdoing it. I'm not showing signs of water toxicity but I've found myself drinking upwarrds of 100oz per day. I'm not going to keep drinking this much water, I was just keeping myself hydrated to avoid the side effects of erm um... celebrating my finishing school.
alcoholics.gif

But it has me off to a good hydrating start
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Bumping

I'm officially in. For the past week i've been overdoing it. I'm not showing signs of water toxicity but I've found myself drinking upwarrds of 100oz per day. I'm not going to keep drinking this much water, I was just keeping myself hydrated to avoid the side effects of erm um... celebrating my finishing school.
alcoholics.gif

But it has me off to a good hydrating start
clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurl, I drink about 120oz of water a day! You should drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water daily anyway. It's good for you. Just be sure to spread it out.

Congrats on finishing school!

Back