SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

After my ayuvedic cowash and DC, I added my stinky stuff, hair trigger and copper peptide to my crown and massaged I in. I also added a little glovers sulfur ointment to my crown and edges. Braided it up for he night.

Did my regular W&S n DC today trying to stretch so far 13 wks n lots of new growth with the MTG not sure when I will perm so far playing by ear. Thought I would this week but once I wash m set it feels like I can go another week. I believe it's the MSM changing my texture ? Think I'll go one more week applying the MTG then stop for next week n perm that will put me at 15 weeks. We'll see

I used my topical mix last night then full head baggied.
Will take MSM tomorrow (forgot to take it after lunch)

I've been alternating between my hair trigger growth elixir, glovers sulfur ointment and Naturelle growth oil. I love this rotation!

My herbs are still seeping into the castor oil. I have rosemary, horsetail, oat straw, and burdock root in the jar. Later, I will add nettle, onion and garlic powders. I will cut this mix with hempseed oil, and finally add the sulfur. :spinning:

Ok. I rinsed out my DC and added my stinky stuff, copper peptide, Naturelle GO, minoxidil, and some hair trigger to my scalp and massaged. I added grape seed oil and my hemp seed mix to the length along with some Giovanni DL and Komaza care Califia leave in. I braided it up so that this would soak in. Next I added long aid activator gel and eco styler gel and now my hair is in a bun.

Fell waaaay off, havent sulfur treated in months. Had all sorts of other ideas about my hair and realized I could still do my treatments. In fact, the summer months may even add to the effectiveness. Will be starting up again Sunday and going back to 3 times per week.

I laid off my sulfur mix. I really don't think it was making a difference in my growth. Still as slow as molasses.

I'm back for another go. Since I'm in braids I'll be able to track my exact growth. I think I'll give a month and see if there are any changes.

So I stopped with the sulfur since dealing with 90+ degree weather but can you still apply although the temps are hot outside? I heard that you weren't suppose to use sulfur in the summer.

Not sure whether or not my braids are looking old because of all the exercise, scalp massages, and 2x/weekly washes or if it's really taking off based on the sulfur application/intake. I'll keep going and in the next week or so I'll have to get new braids put in and I'll do a length check. But I'll wait until September to take pictures and hopefully I will see 2+ inches! :yep:

So I stopped with the sulfur since dealing with 90+ degree weather but can you still apply although the temps are hot outside? I heard that you weren't suppose to use sulfur in the summer.

I hope the "you heard" part didn't come from me saying that I usually don't like to use it in the summer. This is mainly because I don't want to wear a plastic cap on my head at night during the summer.

And since I'm wanting to up my growth to hit my goals this year, I'm definitely oiling up. :yep: I'm willing to tough it out to see if I can get another 6" outta this year. :lick:

I want to add some sulfur oil to my scalp, but it may make my flat ironed hair heavy... I guess I can be extra light handed... decisions, decisions...

Hey ladies! We've reached the 6 month mark :grin:

Hope you have seen great results from using your sulfur (whether internally or externally). Let us know what progress you have gained thus far. (Pics are welcomed :))

Here's to another 6 months of growth!

Here's mine...

photo-15.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Great growth bajandoc86!!!

I am about to take my MSM in some water.
I started back using my sulfur topical mix nightly and whole head baggying.

I hope the "you heard" part didn't come from me saying that I usually don't like to use it in the summer. This is mainly because I don't want to wear a plastic cap on my head at night during the summer.

And since I'm wanting to up my growth to hit my goals this year, I'm definitely oiling up. :yep: I'm willing to tough it out to see if I can get another 6" outta this year. :lick:

Thanks NJoy. I did assume from your post but didn't want to put it out like that. Thanks for clearing that up :yep:

Back