Stretching & Humidity DON'T MIX

Missi

Ladies who stretch....how do you deal with humidity? What styles stay the same with this heat and humidity?

I'm doing a 6 month stretch using Sylvers Scarf Method....my hair lays down so soft and flat...but the humidity poofs my hair out. I look a hot dang mess.

Same if I straighten it....my roots frizz up. I have a humidity blocker but doesn't seem enough.

LADIES lets support each other cause I know i'm not the only one.

SN: is there a site that sells pretty headbands, beed bands, sparkly bands, gem bands, for hair?

She is right...Natural straight hair and humidity are natural enemies...I suggest you get some braids or a weave...If you dont like that then bun becuase thats all I would do in this weather.Maybe you could try out gel?

She is right...Natural straight hair and humidity are natural enemies...I suggest you get some braids or a weave...If you dont like that then bun becuase thats all I would do in this weather.Maybe you could try out gel?

That is so right. I can't wait until it's fall so I can straighten my hair.

OP have you tried braid outs, twist outs or bantu knots?

Have you tried Sabinos Lok and Blok? I use his old moisture block but w/out it, my naturally curly hair would just revert in the humidity!

IMO you have to match the texture of your length to your roots via roller sets braid outs, twist outs, bantu knots, etc... Trying to wear straight styles in humidity is a waste of time.

Yes...I have done braid outs, etc but fuzzy roots and smooth hair looks a mess on me. I do have gel

s,

That is so right. I can't wait until it's fall so I can straighten my hair.

OP have you tried braid outs, twist outs or bantu knots?

When I transitioned during the summer months, I stuck to three styles. Wet buns, strawsets, and braidouts. Wearing headbands helped a lot when I wanted to wear my hair out.

I stayed away from straightening because it was a waste of time, and did mostly curly styles.

I've been bunning and wearing a curly, drawstring puff on the back. I rollerset last night, and will have to flatiron my roots. I do use a heat protectant from root to tip.

Back