Straighten hair the natural way!

Hey Guys, I came across this tip on one of the websites Mahaliee suggested from the paging hennaphiliac users forum. What do you think? I think this might be the natural relaxer that some Brazilian women use on their hair. (I read somewhere that some Brazilians use relaxers on their hair that they make themselves from homemade products)

I am defenitely going to order the lotus powder and try that on me. I will buy a doll that has afro textured hair and apply it to her hair and see how it works.I don't want my hair to be straight but I do wish more of my natural length would show. My hair shrinks about 50-60? percent, that's about half of it real length.

Anyhow this is the tip:
Straighten hair the natural way:

Squeeze matured coconut until the milk fills up a glass. Mix with lime juice. Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until the top becomes creamy. Use the cream to massage on scalp and hair, then wrap with a hot towel for 1 hour before rinsing. Repeat 3x a week. Your hair will gradually straighten

If anyone knows more about this, please let me know.

thanks for sharing this. I will give it a try in the near future when I have more length.

Funny - I haven't used this in a while! I've gotten paranoid about loosing too much of my kink....... :look:

Hah! Found you! :bump:

I still haven't used this in a while - Caramel and the Yogurt treatments have trumped it. It did smell SOOOOO good though.

Hah! Found you! :bump:

I still haven't used this in a while - Caramel and the Yogurt treatments have trumped it. It did smell SOOOOO good though.

What's the caramel and yogurt treatment? Is it loosen your curl like the coconut milk and lime?

What's the caramel and yogurt treatment? Is it loosen your curl like the coconut milk and lime?

Nah, not really - they are two different treatments. The Caramel treatment is a fabulous softener and moisturizer - it makes my hair less 'dense'. The Yogurt treatment is my version of a light protein treatment, and it also leaves my hair VERY soft - but I haven't noticed any curl loosening after the first time or two I used it - though some people have continued to see some. I've stopped using things that are designed to make your curl 'looser', as I don't want to lose the little bit of curl I've got left. :lol:

I was bumping this thread for KrimsonKween.... :lol:

Oh God, this method has gone around and round on all the hair boards I've been on.

I tried it. Didn't work. Softened yes, loosened curl, no.

I wanna try it. I bought the coconut milk..and that's as far as I've made it. It just seems like A LOT to do. And my hair is SUPER THICK!!!

How long is your hair??

Girl - it IS NOT hard.....:drunk:

Umm. I dunno how long my hair is. Maybe your length...

anyone still doing this?

my teen BC'd last year and now has a bush. ...too long for a TWA too short for a bun and twists dont last long. She wants to try it. I have coconut milk i just have to find a lime.

I was searching for this thread!
I am going to try this out this weekend; if it helps with shrinkage I would be quite satisfied. Being 4a/mostly 4b, I don't really expect any curl loosening.

Last edited:
I did it once, it was too messy and the result wasnt that good, not worthy. I had better results with the carmelization.

Interesting thread. Are any of the original posters who had good results still using it? If not, why?

I am absolutely gonna try this. My hair shrinks about 80% so i dont even know how long it is! Anyways thanks:)

Back