Stop Breakage - Nutress Hair Moisturizing Protein Pack for Extremely Damaged Hair

leona2025

LOVE IT. So I have been experiencing a little/medium breakage and I'm pretty sure it's from being lazy. I don't dc any more. All I do is co wash and put in a bun or ponytail. I haven't straighten my hair since the last time I relaxed.:look: Which was the beginning of July or end of May. I haven't Dced since December:perplexed.

Still being lazy I would put on a light protein conditioner in the shower and then use my silicon mix conditioner as a leave in and call it a day. Well my hair has not been happy with that.

Today I used this conditioner for breakage. It kinda smells and looks like toothpaste, but not *** thick. It's minty and green and it caused my scalp to tingle. I used one whole package and it covered all my hair. I rinsed it out after the shower and my hair had that rough, but strong feeling. You definitely need a moisturizing conditioner after this.

My hair was easy to detangle after the moisturizing conditioner and there was no.... I mean ZERO breakage when I combed my hair and airdried. I need this in a big bottle. I don't know if this is considered a hard protein, but it just became my staple. I will used this with every wash until I'm sure the breakage is under control. I know that this much stronger than Aphogee 2 Minute, but not as strong as the 2 step.

Ugh guess I'm about to step my hair game up. I also just started back with my jazzing clear rinses, which to me provided another layer of protection when I use heat.

kupenda

Right on time OP. Been on the boards all day looking for a stronger version of the aphogee 2 min, yet much milder than the 2 step for my mid protein tomorrow. Thanks! I have a coupon for sallys too...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

leona2025

I'm in PJ rehab. Can you hold your comment til October 30? :lol:

Sent from my HTC Inspire™
JeterCrazed I have a ton of products from my junkie days. Somehow I just stop being a junky lol. Everything anyone here said they used I was at the store buying:lachen:.

Some of those products got to be at least 3 years old. I am about to through all that stuff a way since I really know what works for me, sort of lol. I am about to go buy the whole Nutress line, lol, but that's not really a junky. I haven't bought hair products in a while.

leona2025

So I went back To Sally's and bought all the packets they had:perplexed. The cashier ask if the worked well and I said no so I can have them all to myself:look:. Lol joking. I told her how awesome they were and she said she was going to use it. I hope they had more in the back for her.:lachen:

Coffee

I have the anti breakage spray; it works really well. I may have to try the packets.

Krystle~Hime

I always have this feeling after any protein treatment. light, medium, or heavy it is!! i'm always impressed how there is no breakage in my hair !!
i used to do a heavy one(aphogee 2 step) every 6 weeks.
but now I do a light(by just adding a tablespoon of hydrolysed wheat protein in my DC mixture) every 2 weeks.

how often in a month, do you plan to use the nutress? what are ingredients list please ?

leona2025

I always have this feeling after any protein treatment. light, medium, or heavy it is!! i'm always impressed how there is no breakage in my hair !!
i used to do a heavy one(aphogee 2 step) every 6 weeks.
but now I do a light(by just adding a tablespoon of hydrolysed wheat protein in my DC mixture) every 2 weeks.

how often in a month, do you plan to use the nutress? what are ingredients list please ?
Krystle~HimeUsually when I use a hard protein I get this feeling. My hair seems to love protein I think. In my old reggie I used Aphogee 2 minute as my final rinse every week and sometimes I did it twice a week and my hair was the healthiest and it was always very soft after.

I never use the 2 step. Too much work for me. I used it once when I double bleached, triple dyed, and then relaxed my bangs.:nono: It brought that dead hair to life.

Well to start I'm going to use it once weekly and see how that goes. I plan to dc overnight with a moisturizing conditioner on dry hair and then the next day do this so I can keep that moisture/protein balance. My final rinse on wash day is always some conditioner with slip, but it doesn't matter which because I use Silicon Mix conditioner as a leave in and it keeps my hair soft, flexible, moisturized.

Ingredients are: Aqua, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium bromide, gylcerin, stearic acid, steapyrium chloride, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, fragrance, d & c green #5, fd&c yellow 5, dmdm hydantoin

Coffee

@Coffee Where did you get it? I looked for the other products, but couldn't find them.

It was with the other Black Hair Products. It was a while back, so I don't know if they are still carrying it. When I called Sally's tonight to ask about the Nutress protein packs, they said they didn't carry that product.

leona2025

It was with the other Black Hair Products. It was a while back, so I don't know if they are still carrying it. When I called Sally's tonight to ask about the Nutress protein packs, they said they didn't carry that product.

@CoffeeYou gonna make me go around to all the Sally's and collect them them, lol. This Sally's only had 10 and I bought them all. They available on the website too. The cashier said the were very popular.

Coffee

I received my Nutress Protein today; they also included a sample of Nutress stop break leave in condish. I can't wait to try it.

Duff

I use to use these all the time and they really work great. may go back to trying them again.

leona2025

I just went back to Sally's and they only had 2 packs. I bought them. I'm going to relax tonight and use this. I hope the goodness wasn't a fluke.

Theresamonet

I still have 14 of these packs left and a full bottle of the leave in. I remember using one pack and hating it. Haven't tried the leave-in though. I think the product is probably best for relaxed heads. It's kinda strong.

My-Foolish-Heart

I just went to Sallys and cleaned them out because my hair has been shedding and breaking like crazy lately. Do you think this would be too much to do on the same day as a henna treatment?

leona2025

I used it again today before my trip to the salon. Didn't get to use it yesterday after my relaxer. Same great result. I believe I can eliminate all my other protein treatments.

Brownsilk8

Thanks for the info i just bought the pack and plan to use it this weekend. uestion would you apply it before you wash?

leona2025

Thanks for the info i just bought the pack and plan to use it this weekend. uestion would you apply it before you wash?

Brownsilk8 I didn't. I shampooed first and then put on the protein pak and then followed up with a moisturizing conditioner. I like for my hair to be wet because it's easier to spread the conditioner and use less, but one package was more than enough for my hair. I usually can get 2 uses out of one pack.

cutenss

I FINALLY found some of these little packets. I bought two, and will try them next week. I hope that I like them, since I have been wanting to try it for so long. leona2025 you hair so beautiful :love: