STEP IT UP ON THE GROWTH AIDS..PART 2

:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Jumping on the Mega Tek and Miconazole Nitrate bandwagon. Applying MN mixed with my sulphur mix oil to scalp daily to edges and at least 5x/week to the rest of my scalp. Awaiting my MT which has been dispatched now - just got the email letting me know it's on it's way, lol!

For those that use MT - how do you apply it to the scalp? Isn't it a conditioner type product?

The blushes above are due to my embarassment - bought the MT yesterday after posting an encouragement post to the PJ thread saying how I've not bought anything since Dec, and they can do it..... blah blah blah.......
Hey, you might want to ask the MT question in the OCT/MT thread. I used it before for a very short period of time. I applied it directly to my scalp, but my hair did not like it. It made my hair feel very hard. Some people use it as a protein conditioner and some people add oils to it to make it less drying.

HTH

Hey, you might want to ask the MT question in the OCT/MT thread. I used it before for a very short period of time. I applied it directly to my scalp, but my hair did not like it. It made my hair feel very hard. Some people use it as a protein conditioner and some people add oils to it to make it less drying.

HTH

Yup, I found the MT/OCT thread the other day and I've been swotting, lol. It arrived this morning, so I promptly got to use it - used it as a conditioner and added a pea drop size to my daily sulphur/MN oil mix. In all honesty, I'm in a muddle about what I did today - pre-pooed (though I rarely 'poo) with coconut oil + conditioner, co-washed then applied MT afterwards, let sit for approx 10 mins whilst I ooohed and aaahed about what to do next, rinsed off and applied moisturising condish for 3-5 mins then rinsed off approx 80% of that and sealed hair with shea and castor oil and wore a headscarf (hair's in twists). Just checked and it feels soft, so fingers crossed it works well for me.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - I think I'm doing well - just need a well documented regimen I can stick to. I've not been big on supplements lately but I occassionally take my B complex, MSM and various others, plus I try to eat a well balanced diet, so here's to hoping. Still dithering about exercise though:blush:. This hair better show some good progress come March!

HHG girls!

I applied my OCT last night.

I am running low, but I don't think I will be buying more topical growth aids after march. I am going to be stepping it up with water and vitamins instead.
My regimen needs to become simpler and I think water and vitamins is as simple as it gets.

I'm going to re-up on my MT because I got new hairs everywhere...and a lot of them are coming in gray. I'm doing a henna treatment for that next week ;) This is a very good problem to have.

I must say that topical aides are making a huge difference for me, apparently my hair LOVEs sulfur. I think the MT is just helping to make the hair that is coming in stronger and thicker, I think the Bee Mine is helping my hair grow faster.

I'm full steam ahead on this challenge.

Im going to order some Beemine. I agree that the MT makes it thicker and stronger... BT makes my forehead break out...:wallbash::( but I still love it..

I took out my sew in on Friday, applied MT as a prepoo, shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe, and conditioned with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin and NTM Deep Recovery. My hair is so soft. I've been also applying shea butter since removal of weave to moisturize daily. Won't be applying growth aids this week because I want to relax my hair next weekend. I hope I don't burn too much. My hair dresser said to stop using the sulfur (BT) 2 days before but from what I've read here sometimes you have to stop using long before that. :perplexed

Thanks for adding me to the challenge Mandy!

I previously posted that I started mixing my MT with Beemine last week. After ONLY 2 applications during the week, I saw a new teenyweeny gray hair at my temple on wash day. I naturally probably have like 3 gray strands, but previous usage of sulfur products (i.e., MTG, BT, etc.) has caused new hair to initially grow in gray.

I currently have a black rinse (colorshowers), so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this concoction. Based on my past experience with MT and/or OCT, they cause my hair to revert to it's original color (dark brown), so I have to rinse more often. I'm wondering which product is more dominant with regards to color changes (i.e., Beemine or MT). I guess I'll soon find out. I applied my mix this AM and my head is itching like crazy.

I took out my sew in on Friday, applied MT as a prepoo, shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe, and conditioned with Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin and NTM Deep Recovery. My hair is so soft. I've been also applying shea butter since removal of weave to moisturize daily. Won't be applying growth aids this week because I want to relax my hair next weekend. I hope I don't burn too much. My hair dresser said to stop using the sulfur (BT) 2 days before but from what I've read here sometimes you have to stop using long before that. :perplexed
7 days is the recommended time from what I have read. Please let us know how your relaxer turns out:grin:

Okay, I totally slacked off last week but am trying to get back on track as I am recovering from bronchitis. :sad:

But the great news it that after I washed my hair and flat ironed a few sections, I measured my hair and noticed that it had grown from 10 inches to 11 inches in some parts and 12 inches in another using Mega Tek. :grin:

So, that's definitely motivation to keep up the pace!

I need one of those applicator bottle for my MT...the one the BT comes in ...where can I get one? I twould make things SOO much easier for me...

I need one of those applicator bottle for my MT...the one the BT comes in ...where can I get one? I twould make things SOO much easier for me...

You can get it at Sally's. They have a bunch of various size openings depnding upon how much product you want released at a time. Some stores have them in the hair coloring section.

HTH

I'm applying just about everything! I was using a Bee mine /MT mixture and now I just got my OCT yesterday so that will be thrown in there too. As far as the MT, I've been using it just shy of a month, and while I notice thickness, no astonishing length changes. Also no crazy new growth jungle or anything. In fact, my new growth seems softer and easier to manage with this product. Anyone else experience that? I use it on my scalp only.

Still apply MT/MN mix every other night, I hope its working on the rest of my hair, because its certainly not working on my edges.

Still applying my sulphur/MT mix daily and adding MT every other day. I think my hair's grown ladies - I can now do 3 baby ponytails! Okay, nothing to sing about but it's an achievement for short haired me! I can't wait for March to measure again, see if it's for real:yep:.

I'm also drinking more nettle tea plus doing herbal rinses and incorporating more ayurveda techniques to my reg. No more lazy Jac, lol!

As I have been applying oils I've only taken my hair supplements 1x this week. Now that is bad. I will get back right now...I'm taking two before I hit the sheets.

I have been slacking over the last week. I will be applying my OCT, leave it in for about an hour and then DC later.

Checking in...been using BT and taking chlorella & b complex supplements on the regular. I've got lots of NG and its soft--for now.

I will be back using my growth aid after my relaxer. I having been eating lots of fish, havent been taking my vits though.

Hey ladies..everyone is doing well. keep up the good work.

I will be starting my new growth aid routine this week. I am out of OCT and I have decided to not purchase any other topical growth aids yet.

I will be taking my overall health vitamin, drinking lots of water and exercising.

I might try Biotin too, but I am scared of breaking out. I guess I will try and see.

HHG everyone!:grin:

Still on MT+sulphur oil+MN to the scalp daily. Also DC 3x/week - protein and moisture.

Drinking loads of water and herbal teas and fresh juices and taking MSM and a green superfood powder :lick:.

Keep up the good work ladies, once this cold weather's over, we can release our luscious hair to the world to admire - can't wait :grin:!

Back