State of Confusion: OCT/Megatek, am I doing something wrong?

BlackHairDiva

I bought megatek and OCT. I followed the OCT/MT recipe. I apply it on my scalp and well...Its been a little over a week, I feel no creepy crawly sensation on my scalp, I feel no itching. But I'm suspecting a change in my NG( I had before starting). It seems softer smoother. So now I'm not sure if i got extra NG cause all is soft and Im not sure if Im doing it right.

Is there something Im doing wrong?? Is there something else Im supposed to do?

Any of you using BT on top of OCT/MT?:ohwell::ohwell:

I have been using MT for about 5 weeks now, and I am also not experiencing any tingles or creepy crawly sensations. But neither have many ladies in the thread. Some people have felt it instantly, and some of them not at all. Some of them have experienced major shedding, and some not at all. Different results for different folks. I dont think you should be worried if you do not have tingles.

I experienced softer new growth from MT, but I have not yet seen drastic growth. Again, I have only been using it on my scalp for 5 weeks. Given that you have only been using it for just a week, I think you should give it some more time before you expect results. You should set a trail period or something. Maybe 3 months to see whether it kicks in later for you?

Oh yeah, as for shedding ....I have been taking Garlic supplements the very same day that I started the OCt/MT challenge.

you can see my growth in my sig and i JUST felt any kind of itch for the first time this week. i think maybe the first or second night i felt a tingle but i may have been making it up. idk whether i am itching now because of the MT or because i am in cornrows.

I bought megatek and OCT. I followed the OCT/MT recipe. I apply it on my scalp and well...Its been a little over a week, I feel no creepy crawly sensation on my scalp, I feel no itching. But I'm suspecting a change in my NG( I had before starting). It seems softer smoother. So now I'm not sure if i got extra NG cause all is soft and Im not sure if Im doing it right.

Is there something Im doing wrong?? Is there something else Im supposed to do?

Any of you using BT on top of OCT/MT?:ohwell::ohwell:

Not everyone feels tingling & itches, and yet it'll still work for them.

Hrrrm. I wonder if those who DO feel them, are the ones who haven't used many growth aids before - or, who haven't used them recently. And those who DON'T feel them, have been using growth aids before.

Have you been using a growth aid of any kind before?

Not everyone feels tingling & itches, and yet it'll still work for them. [/quote

Absolutely. No itchies here but lots of growth crawling in! Consider yourself lucky, we get the best of both worlds :grin:

...although I have experienced the dreaded shedding side effect...:ohwell:

I don't have any itches and OCT/Megatek is working for me. I think everyone's scalp responds differently.

It sounds like you are using the OCT/MegaTek correctly but just give it more time. Some may have a quicker response to the product while it may take a little longer for others.

Hrrrm. I wonder if those who DO feel them, are the ones who haven't used many growth aids before - or, who haven't used them recently. And those who DON'T feel them, have been using growth aids before.

You might be onto something here. The only growth aid I had used previously was BT - sporadically. I tingled and itched and twitched after I started using MT. :drunk:

Yes, I used MTG and used very very briefly BT. In fact, I'm reminiscing about my MTG results and I can't help but wonder if I should turn back to MTG cause the results i got in such a small period of time was insane. Within a month with MTG i went from shoulder lenght to armpit. Then a month after that i was bra strap lenght.

I'm not gonna lie, this is really bothering me. I'm thinking of whipping out my mtg bottle and just start using it again. I havent used it since at least april 07.:nono::nono:

From what I've read about this stuff, I don't think you are doing anything "wrong."

Different people feel different sensations when they "feel" their hair grow or enter a growth spurt.

Creepy crawlies is just one sensation that SOME people feel..some people feel tingling, some people get sore scalp, some people say their scalp itches, while some still feel NOTHING AT ALL...so it is basically different strokes for different folx.

the general "rule" for topical growth aids is to keep using them for at least 30-45 days (CONSISTENTLY) and see if you have growth - this is what I would suggest.

hth and good luck!

Last edited:
I would not worry too much about it...besides, is there any scientific evidence that tingles or crawlies = growth??
I've never understood this..:perplexed

I felt a sensation as soon as I put it on my scalp. I am guessing I just might have a sensative scalp.

--I wont necessarily say that it made my ng softer, I will say that, it basically moisturized it and thus making it feel softer.

I have only been using MT for about 2 days so far.

Yes, I used MTG and used very very briefly BT. In fact, I'm reminiscing about my MTG results and I can't help but wonder if I should turn back to MTG cause the results i got in such a small period of time was insane. Within a month with MTG i went from shoulder lenght to armpit. Then a month after that i was bra strap lenght.

I'm not gonna lie, this is really bothering me. I'm thinking of whipping out my mtg bottle and just start using it again. I havent used it since at least april 07.:nono::nono:

this is not physically possible. please explain.

oh, and to answer the question, no you're not doing anything wrong. i never outright felt any tingles (i use MT) but i did feel a strange, cooling shuddery feeling all over my scalp after day 2.

i LOVE how MT smells! like pineapple coconut candy! :lick:

this is not physically possible. please explain.

How tall are you OP? --because that may be how she could go from SL to APL in 4 weeks. Then APL to Bra in 4 more weeks.

---Dang that is some insane growth. Do you have a fotki? I need some inspiration.

Back