Standing Hardhat Dryer...

Congratulation! I was so happy when i got mine ( Babyliss) it's SOOOO comfortable to do my hair...

(I did have a problem with the back rollers hanging out but I found a solution.....put a "spa towel" ( has velcro on it to secure it shut)
around the perimeter....keeps ot really hot.......SORRY TMI)

Congrats!

trampoline.gif
Yeahhhhh! Gurl when you said you wanted it yesterday you weren't kiddin huh?
laugh.gif
I'm sooo happy you love your new dryer! Your right. It is da bomb and worth it. When that dryer gets hot it can get hot can't it? The dominican salon I used to go to had that model and they always kept the knob turned way up. I called it the microwave and always came out from under there lookin like a lobster.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yesh, it does get hot under there... i definately need those ear protectors. What i love about it is that i'm home, can watch a movie, put my feet up and sit in boxers and a tank top and still wind up with salon results
smile.gif

Oh CH!!! Please tell where in Queens did you get the dryer and how much did it run you? If you don't wanna give the details here--feel free to PM me!!!!So how long does it take you to do your hair now?

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yesh, it does get hot under there... i definately need those ear protectors. What i love about it is that i'm home, can watch a movie, put my feet up and sit in boxers and a tank top and still wind up with salon results
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these ear protectors you keep talking about? I've never heard of these. When I used to go to the salon (20+ years ago), she used to put something on my ears, but I can't remember WHAT. I thought it was just cotton or tissue. The memory is the first to go. lol

Curly Curly -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They r little plastic covers for your ears. They usually have them at the dominican salons to protect your ears from the H E A T of the hooded dryers, and yes, it can get hot under there.

Daviine - please chile, i am not like that. The address is... nah, i'll PM you..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
j/k The address is 133-20 Whitestone Expressway, Flushing NY. If you are coming from the bronx, take the Whitestone Xpswy to Exit 15, get off and stay on the service road but in the left lane. Make a left @ the light B4 Toys r Us. Go 2 lights to 31st Road (or Av, or street) and make a right. It's at the end of the parking lot (you should past a pathmark on your left). It cost 299 plus tax. DO NOT BRING ANY EXTRA MONEY in there b/c u will b very mad at me, they cater to salons so they have darn near everything. They have other dryers there (there's one for 150) other than the one i purchased. Bring $1 extra so you can get a hair net because you can't get under the dryers without one (as per the manufacturer).

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Curly Curly -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They r little plastic covers for your ears. They usually have them at the dominican salons to protect your ears from the H E A T of the hooded dryers, and yes, it can get hot under there.

Daviine - please chile, i am not like that. The address is... nah, i'll PM you..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
j/k The address is 133-20 Whitestone Expressway, Flushing NY. If you are coming from the bronx, take the Whitestone Xpswy to Exit 15, get off and stay on the service road but in the left lane. Make a left @ the light B4 Toys r Us. Go 2 lights to 31st Road (or Av, or street) and make a right. It's at the end of the parking lot (you should past a pathmark on your left). It cost 299 plus tax. DO NOT BRING ANY EXTRA MONEY in there b/c u will b very mad at me, they cater to salons so they have darn near everything. They have other dryers there (there's one for 150) other than the one i purchased. Bring $1 extra so you can get a hair net because you can't get under the dryers without one (as per the manufacturer).

[/ QUOTE ]

CH,

Is your dryer ionic?

No, it's not. I asked the man in the store if they sold those and he said no (he looked a little confused like WTH is she talking about
laugh.gif
) He said i'd have to get one of those steam dryers.

Dear Caramel Honee,
Did I ever tell you how much our friendshipe means to me? Girl u so crazy, u are my best friend
kiss.gif
I dont know what I would do without u. Give the little one a hug and kiss for me.
grin.gif

P.S I was just wondering,when u get this hair dryer can I come over for a rollerset?

Y DID I KNOW u were going to say something like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

U can come over whenever BUTTTTT you have to make brown stew chicken.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Y DID I KNOW u were going to say something like that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

U can come over whenever BUTTTTT you have to make brown stew chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok deal...

CaramelHonee,
For years I habe been using a professional hood dryer (an italian brand named Artem) It looks a little different than your Pibbs 514. Maybe the opening is slightly wider, but I am not sure, overall it looks very similar. Very efficient and can be very hot if you turn the temperature to the maximum (you will look like a tomatoe). At the beginning of your thread, you indicated that you were looking for a very wide dryer for your "big head". Did you try your Pibbs with rollers larger than the greys (2" if I'm not mistaken)? Also how many of those rollers do you put on your head at the maximum, if you wish to enter under this dryer. I would like to make some comparison with mine.
Thanks for your data

hey albane
welcome to the forum
newbie.gif

i have yet to use the black rollers, i've only used the grays. I did, however, stick my head under there and i had over 100 spiral rollers in my hair. It was a TIGHT fit, but i was able to cram this head AND those rollers in.

CaramelHonee
I appreciate your welcome message. I do not intend to use spiral rollers very soon, but thanks for the info. Could you however tell me how many grey rollers you were able to put on your head when going under the dryer. Also what are the black rollers (what size)

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] how much room does this CH take up in your house? I've gotta look for a pic of this dryer.

[ QUOTE ]
albane said:
CaramelHonee
I appreciate your welcome message. I do not intend to use spiral rollers very soon, but thanks for the info. Could you however tell me how many grey rollers you were able to put on your head when going under the dryer. Also what are the black rollers (what size)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... let's see, judging by my diagram (yes, i have one, don't laugh) - shut up guys - i believe it's 12 grey rollers, and 9 purple ones. I thought the black ones were the biggest ones? Like 4"
scratchchin.gif
To be honest, i'm not sure... i'll start a thread about it
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
kisz4tj said:
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] how much room does this CH take up in your house? I've gotta look for a pic of this dryer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put it in the corner of the living room. It doesn't take up that much space at all. You can also lower it (when standing it's about 6ft tall) to about 3-4ft, i believe. Also the wheels span out some so that also takes up space. I'm sure you could put it in ur closet (if you had room) and after you lowered it.
smile.gif

@ Albane - these r the sizes of the magnetic rollers.

Beige, Yellow, Orange, Blue 5/8"
Aqua 1 1/8"
Lavender 1 3/4"
Red 1 1/2"
Purple 1 3/4"
Gray 2"
Black 2 1/2"
Green 3"

Thanks so much CaramelHonee, your table will help me to understand from France your discussions in the US. Overall your set is not as big as I thought initially and I understand why you think that you could switch to the black rollers. As for me, I am using 2" mesh (blue) rollers for the whole set and with my hair at the middle of the back and very thick I need to put a great number of rollers, currently 32. So I am rather packed under the hood and I could not understand how I could fit with even larger rollers. Maybe I should think to reduce the number, but use greater size. What do you think as for the style ? and for the drying time (currently 1 1/2 hour) ?

I would use the larger rollers (at least 3"). W/ the length u described and the thinkness, it should come out beautifully
smile.gif

You mean I should use 3" rollers for the whole head ? This will be huge ....
Do you think I will still enter under the hood. I am already so packed with my 2".

U will be using less rollers... 2" on the sides... 3" going down the back and for the nape of the neck you can use the 2" ones. You should still fit... hopefully
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice, I just finished the test using 3" velcros as I have been unable find magnetic in Paris. I used 6 3" from the forehead continuing with 2 2" down to the neck. Then 1 3" as a start of each 4 side rows completed by 3 2" each. What a huge set, I had the feeling to be ready to go on the moon, but the good news is that I was finally less packed than with my usual set - probably the effect getting so big rollers. As for the hood, I was finally able to go under after 10 mn gym ...there was probably no one inch available space left !!! as for the result, the difference is not very significant, will see as for the lasting effect.
Anyway thanks a lot for helping to the experience.

I went to Sally's today and ordered me a Pibbs 514 dryer. I should receive it in about 5 days. I can't wait. Thanks for the thread CaramelHonee.

Back