Spring 2011 straight hair pics :)

jupitermoon

Today was the day of my yearly trim and hair straightening. My hair is now in healthy condition, but I did have some splitting of the ends unfortunately. I got about an inch cut off.

Here's my blow out:
DSC02983-vi.jpg

Here is my straight hair before the trim:
DSC02985-vi.jpg

DSC02986-vi.jpg

Here is my hair after the trim:

DSC02989-vi.jpg

DSC02995-vi.jpg

DSC02996-vi.jpg

It is rainy and windy outside in my area so my beautician put my hair in one braid prior to leaving the salon. At home I removed the braid for more pictures. Here are the results:

DSC02992-vi.jpg

DSC02993-vi.jpg

DSC02994-vi.jpg

My hair has grown quite a bit since last year.

March 24, 2010 versus April 26, 2011:
DSC01382-vi.jpg

DSC02986-vi.jpg

^^^^Before trim.

My thoughts:

I think it is hard growing classic length and beyond hair that is healthy and split free. Now my hair is split free but I needed an inch taken off. The ends were damaged and actually tangled a bit while my beautician was combing it out. Hair that is longer than hip length has very old ends so it's almost impossible to prevent splits.

On a positive note my hair has grown a lot and I look forward to growing it longer. My beautician did tell me that I am still doing a good job taking care of my hair and growing it out. It's just that since the ends of my hair are so old now and my hair is so long it's hard to prevent some damage. So that's my word of advice to those of you ladies growing very long hair such as butt length and beyond---try to watch the ends and prevent damage as much as possible but some damage is inevitable because the ends are several years old by the time they reach your butt.

I don't plan on washing my hair until next week or so but I do sweat a lot so I'm not sure I'll be able to maintain this straight hair. I will take more pics and post them throughout the week.

ETA: Here's a picture of my unstraightened natural hair from last year so you can see how my natural hair looks:

DSC01671-vi.jpg

This is how my natural hair looks after wearing it for a week or more:

DSC02970-vi.jpg

^^^^It's stretched out from bunning and wearing my one braid at night (pic taken April 5, 2011).

My natural hair takes on different looks depending on how long it's been since I've washed or whether it's stretched from bunning, etc.

March 2010 braid versus April 2011 braid:

DSC01429-vi.jpg
DSC02997-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Wooohooo!!! CLASSIC LENGTH!! :notworthy

Congratulations on all the growth! It seems as if you are far from your terminal length still.

It's gorgeous! :)

OMG! You and your hair are sooooooo pretty :drool:. This is my dream length and thickness (I don't know if I could ever achieve hair as thick as yours but I'm sure as hell gonna try) :love:

WHOAAA!!!! I officially have a new hair idol. Your hair is simply breath taking! Congratulations!

You have some jaw-droppingly gorgeous hair, CelinaStarr!!!! :drool: I love seeing your updates.

That braid in your siggy is so pretty. I would wear it like that everyday and take it down at night for those awesome waves. :lick:

A girl can dream, can't she (sitting here with her chin-length bob and contemplating cutting later this week) ? :lachen:

Wow, your hair is so beautiful. The length is certainly impressive, but that every inch of it is so glossy, thick and healthy just blows my mind. Thanks for sharing your pics and journey! It's very inspirational!

Gorgeous, Celina! I remember you wondering a few months ago if you had reached terminal length - obviously not.

You've given me the best birthday present, so far (the day is early) Yes, I'm your biggest hair stan, and not ashamed to admit it :)

Wow - uh - Wow - did I say that already?

That is some amazing hair. CelinaStarr - How long did it take her to blow dry it? and then straighten it?

The 1" trim is barely noticeable. Absolutely fabulous!

As usual, gorgeous!
Do you wear your hair sticks when your hair is straight? If so, you know you gotta show us some "action shots"! :)

Back