Spring 10 Wet Bun Challenge!

I'm transitioning, since August 09, I haven't been able to put my hair in a ponytail yet, especially a presentable one. two pigtails are my minimum. need help on just getting it into a single ponytail.

I am so ashamed to post this but hey
I had a major setback by trying to braid and use weave and now not only I did not retain lenght but I have now see-through ends !!

I will co-wash every other day (will start this weekend as I did a touch-up yesterday) with Motions Moisture plus conditioner.
I will deep condition every weekend with ORS mayonnaise
I will moisturize my hair (focusing on ends) daily with S-Curl
I will try to whole head baggie to see how it goes as much as I can (I work from home but travel sometimes)
I will bun using pins to avoid tension with my hairline

If you have any tips please feel free ;-)

Attachments

• IMG00001-20100322-1518.jpg
    IMG00001-20100322-1518.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 24
I am so ashamed to post this but hey
I had a major setback by trying to braid and use weave and now not only I did not retain lenght but I have now see-through ends !!

I will co-wash every other day (will start this weekend as I did a touch-up yesterday) with Motions Moisture plus conditioner.
I will deep condition every weekend with ORS mayonnaise
I will moisturize my hair (focusing on ends) daily with S-Curl
I will try to whole head baggie to see how it goes as much as I can (I work from home but travel sometimes)
I will bun using pins to avoid tension with my hairline

If you have any tips please feel free ;-)

Girl, I feel your pain. I had a setback last year and my hair is just really showing improvement this year. Here is a link to what my hair looked like August of last year: http://www.fromshorttolong.com/2009/09/setback-pt-2.html.

In the end I had to cut it from WL back to SL. However, with care and patience you hair will bounce back, I just took the picture in my avatar Saturday, so it has bounced back. Just saying that I know how you feel.

I'll be starting this challenge the end of April. Just wanted to say HHG ladies! I'll check back in when I officially get on board.

Girl, I feel your pain. I had a setback last year and my hair is just really showing improvement this year. Here is a link to what my hair looked like August of last year: http://www.fromshorttolong.com/2009/09/setback-pt-2.html.

In the end I had to cut it from WL back to SL. However, with care and patience you hair will bounce back, I just took the picture in my avatar Saturday, so it has bounced back. Just saying that I know how you feel.

Thank you for the encouragement I really need it :)

Sorry I didn't post on the starting day, I was out of town.

My plan is to DC once a week. Light protein once a week, and cowash probably every day or every other day. I will do two flat twists in the front, wet bun in the back!

This pic was taken yesterday 3-22-10. I just got back from vacation so my hair suffered a lot of abuse. I hope this challenge will nurse it back to health.

Am I forgetting anything?? Oh yeah! I'll be using mostly vo5 to cowash, and using AOHSR as a leave in sealed with either castor or coconut oil. I us SAS,AOHSR,and EVCO as a DC.

Attachments

• starting pic.jpg
    starting pic.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 22
I cowashed this morning with Millcreek Biotin, moisturized with TW mist, and sealed with cocasta oil. Pulled into a bun and used Qhemet's Honey Bush Tea Gel and a scarf to lay down edges.

I meant to say that I cowashed with HE LTR the other day and I love it! :love3: It has taken a top spot in my staples list.

Been wet bunning since the beginning of this year. Just checked today. My ends are beautiful!!! :grin: Let's keep it up, ladies!

Hello all,

I'm an old member from 2007 coming back to LHCF. I feel like I'm back to step one without any progress. This time I'm willing to stick to regimen and reach my hair goals. Can Please join this challenge?

Hello all,

I'm an old member from 2007 coming back to LHCF. I feel like I'm back to step one without any progress. This time I'm willing to stick to regimen and reach my hair goals. Can Please join this challenge?

Welcome to the challenge!
Please post your products, method of wet bunning, and a starting pic!

I cowashed this morning with Millcreek Biotin, moisturized with Komaza's vitamin reign, sealed with Qhemet's OHHB, and bunned it up.

Wet bunning is so easy and simple that with my two days off I want to continue to wet bun! Well, this is week one, we shall see how I feel about that in 5 weeks, lol.

I've been wet bunning all week by co-washing with HE Hydralicious every other day and just wrapping the hair around itself and putting it in a bun. Today I'm doing my first ever twistout then will be back to wet bunning Sunday night!

On Friday I put my hair up in a banana clip during the day then that night I wet bunned it up again before going out. This morning cowashed and wet bunned.

bunning. i rediscovered my love for pantene split-end prevention leave-in cream. but i can only find it in target and the one near my school is not that close. alas =(

however, i ordered some gvp the conditioner and the detangler, and eco styler olive gel. just gonna keep cowashing, moisturizing and sealing, and bunning until MBL happens (this summer i am praying!). i am gonna straighten in about 2 weeks though for a school event so i will have pics then

Hello all,

I'm still trying to maneuver myself around the forum. somewhat new at this. How do I subscribe to this challenge? Is there a way to receive updated postings for a particular thread?

so i finally bought hawaiian silky moisturizer to see what the hype is about... although the mineral oil kind of bothers me. i don't know how you ladies soak your hair with it.... it's so thick... i feel like i'd get a lot of build up. so i just dampen my hair with cold water and spritz it... then bun, each morning. so far so good. it smells nice too :)

Back