Spinoff of Navs' silk protein thread

pistachio

Hey guys!! I was wondering what conditioners we can list that contain the silk proteins. I know Navs talked about one made by Motions, but I forgot the name exactly. i have Dove Intense Moisture which says "silk amino acids", but is that the same thing, or something different??? For those who are new to silk proteins and hteir protecting against relaxer damage why don't we list some conditioners or poos that contain them?

pistachio said:
Hey guys!! I was wondering what conditioners we can list that contain the silk proteins. I know Navs talked about one made by Motions, but I forgot the name exactly. i have Dove Intense Moisture which says "silk amino acids", but is that the same thing, or something different??? For those who are new to silk proteins and hteir protecting against relaxer damage why don't we list some conditioners or poos that contain them?

Well, amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, so they are smaller than proteins. So in theory, the smaller molecules should be able to get into your hair easier. So I'd say that product would probably work well.

I know the Elasta QP Intense conditioner has silk protein and I "believe" the shampoo for relaxed hair does as well. With the conditioner, your hair feels silkier and softer as soon as you put it on. It's the 4th ingredient listed.

Bumping... I'd like to know to cuz I plan on perming my hair and I wanted to try the thing were you let a protein product dry on the hair before perming.

Tresemme Silk Protein/Healthy Volume is pretty great. It has been in my rotation for about 16 months. It is one of maybe three conditioners that I buy over and over again.

Salerm 21 and Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor

ETA: Some else posted a link to lotioncrafters.com. They sell silk amino acids. You can just add them to your favorite cheapie conditoner.

Suave Humectant has it as the last ingredient. As a result, it'd seem like it wouldn't be that effective.

Back