(Spinoff)How long to you keep your weave in??

How long do you keep your weave in

• 1 and a half months

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • 2 and half months

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • 3 months +

Votes: 11 16.7%

• Total voters

Teja

I am going to get my install today and want to achieve the most possible length through this strectch....How long would you guys say it's safe to keep a weave in ?

Last edited:
6-8 weeks max for me. Anything beyond that results in a matted tangled mess. I know some people that can keep it in for 12 weeks + .

I normally do 6 weeks myself and never more than 8. By then I'm tired of it and just want my real hair back.

Also its pretty loose by then because I never get the tracks tightened, IMO that's can be pretty damaging. At the most I will have the top crown track taken off and redone to keep my install flat.

I say 6-8. I'm going on week 7 now and I'm taking it out this weekend. It's getting too loose for me and I want to make sure I don't damage my hair underneath. I wouldn't go over 8 weeks though.

The least amount of time was 4 weeks the max, I think I stretched to 9. Anything beyond that and my hair is this big puffball. Not a good look.

The least amount of time was 4 weeks the max, I think I stretched to 9. Anything beyond that and my hair is this big puffball. Not a good look.

Was your hair damaged?? I was hoping I could leave mine in for 9 weeks but.....

Was your hair damaged?? I was hoping I could leave mine in for 9 weeks but.....

I got my first install on Feb 24. After the amount of money I spent I was hoping for around 12wks!
There well informed member here who keeps hers in for that long and has kept it in for even longer, although she doesn't recommend it. Her member name is Ediese. She also has great tips on weave care, and her hair is long and beautiful.

Good luck.

For some reason I cant keep them in past 6 weeks! After that when you take them out you see a lot of shed hair and it just looks scary!

Though I'd hate to, because I wanna wear the install longer, I've always gone 6-8 weeks.

But it depends on the cornrow pattern. When I wear sew-ins, I use either one of the two stylists I know.

Weaveologist A uses a circular pattern that's tighter and takes longer to do. But the install can last 8+ weeks.

Weaveologist B uses a quick "prison rows" pattern-- six to eight cornrows going back. They're looser, but my hair grows out of them too fast. 4 weeks...6 weeks max.

Six weeks... I usually can't take it any longer than that. When I was relaxed I usually went 8 to 10 but as a natural I don't like too anymore. I'm scared my hair might matt.

I kept the first one in for 10 weeks, and the second one for about 8....:look:

I didn't have any issues with takedown either time, but everyone's hair is different.

I understand i am in the minority here....but, i have never taken mine down in less than 12 weeks and more often i would go up to 16 weeks. I am talking a full sew in. Also, i have to say this is the only reason why i have any hair on my head. i did not know how to take care of my hair so the sew-in's saved me. I did this for years so I know for a fact that it is possible without losing growth. My sew-in's were expensive, so I could never see taking them out in a few weeks. I am 4a/b and I am extremely active in outdoor sports so I can't see any reason why it would not be possible for anyone to do since I was worst case scenario.

Normally i keep for 8 weeks. Im going to take this one out today (after 3 weeks!lol) and i will post some pictures.

I keep them in for 4 weeks because I get so sick of them. But I got mines in March 21 and I am planning to go for at least 8 weeks. I paid enough for it!

Last sew in I did 3 and a half months, ONLY because I missed my hair. This time, I'm doing 4. I had NO trouble during take down because I took care of it. So about 16 weeks is what I'm aiming for now. I'm so far at 10 weeks

I try to tell my clients not to keep it in more that 3 months. If it is kept in longer than that, It may start to dread in with your real hair.

I'm thinking of doing my first ever weave over the Christmas Holiday. I'm thinking 5 weeks.

What do you think? Will I be able to see length in my hair over that time? Has anyone gotten good results in 5 weeks?

The max time for me is 2 months. I usually get sew ins after 10 wks of stretching to help reach the 24 week mark.:yep:

Back