SOS! Need Help With Granny's Hair

chickory_bee

My boyfriends grandmother wants me to do her hair. She's going back to natural and has short hair. She has had relaxers all her life and has 3b hair.
What should I do? I thought about flat ironing/pressing it, but I don't know if that's wise...
Any suggestions product or regime would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!

Is she opposed to wigs or extensions?

I helped my mother-in law grow her hair by keeping it in extensions for several months. The silver/gray kanekalon hair. It is so pretty on her.

Otherwise. I'd say straw sets or roller sets. until it's long enough for braidouts.

I'd say get her acquainted with some protective styles. I'm not sure how long her relaxed hair is, but if she has enough, I'd say experiment with some buns, they are simple. You can use a little gel to keep the edges down as her natural hair gets longer.

Incorporate some protein treatments into her regimen to keep the hair strong since her relaxed hair will start breaking. Careful detangling and cowashing also helps.

Good Luck!

Thanks guys! I guess I should have mentioned the length of her hair. Her hair is short, like Kelly Rowland's short haircut years ago. She has about 6 weeks of new growth. I need to ask her about extensions and wigs.

Back