Silky Straight Again! New Technique! Only Two Products Used!

BlackMasterPiece

Silky Straight Again! New Technique! Only Two Products Used! *Pics*

Hey yall!:wave: I straightened again this weekend intending to go for a trim I ended up not having time to go get the trim and I've decided my splits will just resolve themselves:giggle: they usually do. So anywhoo......I came up with a great way to make using the comb chase method of straightening much easier:yep:.......

- Tape a fine toothed comb from the base to the side of your flat iron
- Wrap the tape around the base of the flat iron where it doesn't get hot

I left the tape pretty loose so I could slip the comb in and out of the slot and it worked like a charm, it can get a little tricky because you're dealing with easily meltable plastic so I took it out of the slot from time to time and began resting the flat iron differently but overall it was awesome. It gave a a silky straight result with less heat then usual (360F)

Here were my tools:
- Both my hot comb and blow dryer are hot tools
- My flat iron is a regular conair 100% ceramic iron you can get at any pharmacy, its decent, I'm planning to replace it with the Amika 1.5 inch ceramic iron.

I only used two products IC Fantasia Serum and spray. I blowdried the length of my hair with the serum, pressed my roots with the spray protectant and flat ironed with my new comb chase method using the spray on each section.

Here are some pix of the process (much more pix on my blog anyone can comment!

The Beginning: Naked Coils! :grin:

Length Check!

Pin Curled for the Night!

My curls Two Days Later!!

There are much more pictures on my blog I go into how I DC''d and what I washed with on there so check it out!

Thats all folks!:blowkiss:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

This is my flat iron:

Its decent, its 100% ceramic so its passable but I'm looking forward to stepping my game up and getting my Amika 1.5 inch flat iron instead:yep:

ceecy29

Looks really good and you're at a nice length too!!! I straightened this weekend as well but it reverted same day (pics to come), I probably need to incorporate a hot comb into my routine.

Leesh

Wow! That looks really Good! Great Technique, cause it sure can become a pain with the chase method!

BlackMasterPiece

Exactly Leesh! It can be such a pain:nono: especially when you're a self-press/flat-ironer:blush:, I needed something that would make it doable and this soooooo did it:yep:

Thanks ceecy:wave: yes the pressing step is KEY to straightening natural hair:yep:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
You have such gorgeous hair. :drool:
But did the comb melt at all? I know that you said that you removed it from time to time, but did that keep it from melting?

It looks great. I have that same flat iron. It works ok for me but I think I will upgrade soon as well. Question: How do you get so close to your roots with that flat iron, I always feel like I am going to burn myself if I get too close.

ETA: Oh I missed that you used a pressing comb as well, that's probably what did it.

Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It looks really pretty. I am glad I went to your blog. There you can see the length of your hair in your crown and in the middle of your nape. That's super long and healthy hair. Wow! It looks good. Thick, full, long and beautiful!

BlackMasterPiece

Thanks Chaos!:infatuated: yea taking it out from time to time does kee it from elting. The first fine toothed comb I put on had some teeth missing and it seemed that made it more vulnerable to teeth bending and melting, then i switched to this black fine toothed barbers comb i had lying around that one held up wonderfully and it had no teeth missing it didnt melt at all but I was tryna be better safe then sorry:yep:

BeautifulESQ I find that this model has heat guards on the sides and never burns me when I put it right up against my scalp.

ETA: Chicoro and BeautifulESQ your hair is to die for!:love2: So thick lush and lovely:love3:

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

Thanks so much MonCheriSi, I think I have one of those in my house and lost it:rolleyes:lmao:lol: its this comb you get thats black and closes on itself but its cumbersome to use:ohwell:

Desarae

I found a heat resistant fine tooth comb at the BSS that I use for the comb-chase method. It never melts. It's made by Diane and it's white.

Your hair looks nice.

texasqt

Re: Silky Straight Again! New Technique! Only Two Products Used! *Pics*

- Tape a fine toothed comb from the base to the side of your flat iron
- Wrap the tape around the base of the flat iron where it doesn't get hot

I've been waiting for someone to manufacture a flat iron like this!!! The Root Control comes close but not quite. Go get it patented or something NOW woman!!!!

laurend

You have some serious hair skills. I wouldn't attempt to flat-iron, I would set my hair on fire.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Also, when you make the video, can you do some pin curls, just to show how you make them?
Yours came out so beautifully.
Mine never come out curly. They stay straight, with little bends in them. :ohwell: