Shop Your Stash: Hair Edition!

I so need to be in this challenge... I have stuff on top of stuff behind stuff, under my sink, not to mention my little tower that is overflowing with stuff....I really need to stop..

^^^^Send some stuff my way LOL j/k.
Umm I added Vatika Oil to my MN mix, so I am about to get that out the way.

The days before my texlax this week I used some old Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil to grease my scalp and get me NG to loosen a little.

My hair felt great. it was easy for me to seperate and detangle right before I texlaxed. I stopped using this oil/ grease because of the mineral oil. I gave it to DH to smooth down his waves but I may want it back....lol.

I used up my travel size leave in conditioner and Kiehl's silk groom. I have one more packet of Joico poo and con which I will use tomorrow or Friday. When I get back home I'm gonna put a hurtin' on my hair products there. I hope to move within the next 6 months and I want to use up all my so-so products. :yep:

The days before my texlax this week I used some old Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil to grease my scalp and get me NG to loosen a little.

My hair felt great. it was easy for me to separate and detangle right before I texlaxed. I stopped using this oil/ grease because of the mineral oil. I gave it to DH to smooth down his waves but I may want it back....lol.

Just checked the ingredients to this great grease and found out it does not contain mineral oil at all......staple!!! :yep:

Ok, before I scare anyone off there is NOT a no-buy component to this challenge. :grin::grin: There are other no-buy challenges in effect right now and I don't want to compete.

The purpose is for PJ's (and members with all stash sizes, large and small) to use (at least once) or give away every item in their stash by March 31, 2009. We all know we're in a recession and it can be tough thinking about how to purchase that new appliance, or expensive conditioner that everyone is raving about. Instead, I want to focus on being thankful for my vast stash :look: and actually put it all to good use, rather than show my love to just a few products.

Ever since I discovered Redken, just about all of my other products go neglected. :perplexed So I want to make sure I use everything, and if I don't like it, I'm giving it away to someone who can use it.

So here are the rules:
  1. Organize and/or inventory your stash. Gather up all your lovelies and make them easy to access. :grouphug2:You may choose to keep a spreadsheet if your stash is large, or you may just store like items together.
  2. Get rid of the stuff you know doesn't work. Why let it take up valuable space in your house?
    trash.gif
  3. Use every single one of your hair products at least once over the next 3 months (with the exception of chemical treatments such as hair dyes and relaxers). If your stash isn't that big, you may be able to use everything a lot more than once.
  4. Use all of your appliances and tools in a way that complements your hair goals. For instance, if you're on a no heat challenge, then your flat iron will just have to continue collecting dust. But if you haven't been using your Pibbs because you don't feel like rolling it out of the closet :look: go ahead and fire that bad boy up and get your money's worth!!!!
REWARD:
Select one way that you will treat yourself if you use all of your products at least once by March. My reward: a facial. :gorgeous:

Any takers? :look:

ETA - SYS Challengers:
Butterfly08
Wheezy807
SandyRabbit
Natstar
Lovinglengths
Chebaby
Redcouverte
TaurusAngel
Krazynkute0188
Miss-b-haven06
Manushka

Please Please Please add me in, I don't need to buy another confounded thing for good while!!!

Thank you ButterFly!!!

I am going to do an inventory this weekend....I need to give some goodies away !

I'll have to ponder on my reward :scratchch

Last edited:
I used up the last of that awful Miss Keys 10 in 1 rinse. I will never purchase that again. I gave away the Castor Oil i knew i wasn't going to use to my mother.

Please Please Please add me in, I don't need to buy another confounded thing for good while!!!

Thank you ButterFly!!!

I am going to do an inventory this weekend....I need to give some goodies away !

I'll have to ponder on my reward :scratchch

I gotcha lady! :yep:

BUMP...
I am still using my Surge, Infusium23, and braid spray up. I DC using LeKair on New Years.

I am glad to say I used up a lot of my gazillon conditioners last year and have space available in my cabinets.
I will be tossing out a lot of unused or half bottles of products this week and only stockpiling products that work for my hair.
I will only be buying old formula of CON,Aphogee and other hard to find products.

I'm usign my stuff up!! But man..I just wish I could use up some of it. I'm using way more conditioner than needed just to get some of these graveyard products out of my HOUSE!!

ETA: Added lemon juice and baking soda to a lot of my suckie conditioners to make them be more moisturzing!! It really works!

I am glad to say I used up a lot of my gazillon conditioners last year and have space available in my cabinets.
I will be tossing out a lot of unused or half bottles of products this week and only stockpiling products that work for my hair.
I will only be buying old formula of CON,Aphogee and other hard to find products.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! :yep:

I'm usign my stuff up!! But man..I just wish I could use up some of it. I'm using way more conditioner than needed just to get some of these graveyard products out of my HOUSE!!

ETA: Added lemon juice and baking soda to a lot of my suckie conditioners to make them be more moisturzing!! It really works!

Wonderful!!!

How's it comin' ladies?

I used up one of my 3 :look: Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrates. Love the squirt bottle it came in so I put some Kenra MC and water in to squirt on my roots. Once I use up another bottle I'll put diluted shampoo in to really saturate my scalp.

I also used up a Dove Moisturising mist spray. :yep: I'm putting a dent in my Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat. I'm also using my IC leave in and Fhi Hot Sauce for every rollerset. My 1st bottle of Chi hot sauce has about 1/8 left but that stuff laaaaaaaaaasts!

I haven't bought any hair products in over a month. I did buy some tools - a flat iron and blow dryer and I'm eyeing a 1/2 inch flat iron for my roots. I'm holding off for now though so I can get the best product and price.

Ive been making good progress. I bought a couple of conditioners, but have also been using what I have. There are a couple of conditioner that I know don't work for me and actually cause breakage but I hate throwing stuff away. I will probably force myself to though really soon, so I can keep my stash in order.

I'm using up my NTM DC Mask to make way for my new Hairveda Strinillah DC!

This challenge is saving me a lot of $$$$!!!! I have not bought any hair products since November (I think)!

I'm very pleased!

I use up the rest of some oils (WHGO) today in my DC, which I also added some CON purple label conditioner to it too. I need to get that out the way cause I dont use regular conditioner, only DC. I probably can use the CON purple after I do my protein DC just leave the CON on for like 5 mins to soften my hair back up.

i just found out about oil rinsing so now i can use up my ayurveda oils and see if they help my hair, if they do then i will replace them.

I got rid of a lot of products today and it feels good. :yep:
I dont have to buy any conditioner for a co wash for at least 2 years. :clap:
I still have way to much salon styling products because I do a lot of protective styles.
I am glad I only pay half price so that helps a lot.

I'm using up my NTM DC Mask to make way for my new Hairveda Strinillah DC!

This challenge is saving me a lot of $$$$!!!! I have not bought any hair products since November (I think)!

I'm very pleased!

I just purchased VO5 Herbal Free Me Freesia Moisture Conditioner for .69 cents. I could not pass it up. It was less than a dollar but that bottle now adds to the stuff I need to use......lol.

:look:

Good job ladies! :clap:

I haven't bought anything this year either. I am eyeing a thin flat iron but I'm not buying it until I save my personal spending allowance.

I'm gonna cowash tonight and use some more of my cons. :grin:

(I have enough to cowash 3x/week for probably 4 years w/o having to buy any more. :ohwell:)

Good job ladies! :clap:

I haven't bought anything this year either. I am eyeing a thin flat iron but I'm not buying it until I save my personal spending allowance.

I'm gonna cowash tonight and use some more of my cons. :grin:

(I have enough to cowash 3x/week for probably 4 years w/o having to buy any more. :ohwell:)
Hey Girl,
It's funny how much conditioner we buy without realizing it. :yep:
I plan to co wash more this year,especially during the summer.

I used my Sebastian 2+1 as a protein DC then followed with Jasmine's moisture mask from the stash. That was a nice combo, all from my stash!

I have located many items and plan to organize by product type. I also need to toss somethings. Updates coming soon!

I used some of my Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 creme against my better judgement. I have so much left in this bottle but this will be my LAST attempt at revisiting that mess.

My hair feels like it needs to be washed and DC'd after putting that stuff in. It feels coated and dry. YUCK!

Never again. In the trash it goes :nono:.

I used my Sebastian 2+1 as a protein DC then followed with Jasmine's moisture mask from the stash. That was a nice combo, all from my stash!

I have located many items and plan to organize by product type. I also need to toss somethings. Updates coming soon!

Sounds good! Where do you get Jasmine's moisture mask from? I'm not in the market for hair products right now, just curious. :look:

I used some of my Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 creme against my better judgement. I have so much left in this bottle but this will be my LAST attempt at revisiting that mess.

My hair feels like it needs to be washed and DC'd after putting that stuff in. It feels coated and dry. YUCK!

Never again. In the trash it goes :nono:.

Sometimes you do have to trash (or give away) the crap! :yep:

Funny, I used to be in looooove :lick: with Aveda Elixir leave in. It's DC'd so I have 1/3 of a bottle and a full bottle that I have just been hoarding, not wanting to use it up. Well I cracked it open last night and found that I don't like it as much any more. It gets sticky about 10 minutes into my rollersetting process, and starts to get annoying. :nono: Maybe I can use it for something else, just like a quick wet bun, but I'm going to keep using this up instead of letting it collect dust.

Im still using stuff in my stash. I tried a new conditioner that I got as a free gift. It works well. I also started using dr. bronners soap that I had in the far corner of my cabinet. It works well too. I wont be buying anything new until end of march. I think I can hold out till then.

Back