Shocked - WTH??

coconow2007

I read a number of post of LHCF'ers who have been weave checked and had random folks all up in their hair. I have laughed, felt enraged, and had feelings of concern along with the posters based on their threads and until tonight and my 2+year journey with LHCF I have never had anyone do any of those things personally to me.

Tonight I am sitting minding my own business and a woman I know in passing comes up to me says hi and we start chatting about everyday things. She says I love your hair its so thick. I say 'thank you' and our talk turns to relaxers. I mention I don't have one anymore and cut my hair really short a little over 1.5 yrs ago. She immediately puts her hands in my hair and feels my scalp. Usually I am pretty quick with a response but I couldn't do anything but look at her crazy and could not even get any words out. It was super wierd that someone I really don't know that well would just stick her hands all up in my hair. Now I truly understand what alot of you feel like when random folks weave check u and put their hands in ur hair. It's sort of a compliment but also an invasion of my space :ohwell:

I really can't imagine this actually happening... someone feeling your scalp like that. I guess it's a compliment.. your hair is too good to be true. (???)

Its like an LHCF rite of passage lol

I really can't imagine this actually happening... someone feeling your scalp like that. I guess it's a compliment.. your hair is too good to be true. (???)

Its like an LHCF rite of passage lol

I guess it must be - I hate to see how should would have reacted if my hair was super long she may have started running her hands up the shafts of my hair checking for fusions.....

This is why when my hair gets longer, I am always going to make sure it is wet with product or water. That will teach them

I would mind someone touching my hair, but my SCALP?? That is too personal. If your hair is so thick why would she feel the need to try and get her hand through the thickness.

I haven't gotten long enough to have this happen but it reminds me of how when I was pregnant random people would just feel like it was ok just to come up and touch my stomach. Just like they used to say in kindergarten "keep your hands to yourself!"

(Although I am secretly wishing for the day that this happens to me for the first time so that I can lose my weave-check virginity. I can't wait to have "too good to be true" hair.)

For the most part, I think the lady must have felt pretty comfortable with you be it on a stranger basis or not. However, she must definitely violated your personal space even if you were friendly to her.

I just really doubt a stranger would do that to me because my facial expression would hinder such actions.

This chick did that to me when I was new on the job. I was SO furious b/c I do NOT like anyone touching me or my hair. I am just touchy. I leaned back and looked at her like she was crazy and said "Don't be putting yo' hands in my hair!" She must've thought I was crazy. I wanted to chin check her.
Lemme calm down see y'all bringing up old mem'ries.

Ugh... I am dreading the day this happens to me. There are some people who have no home training. They don't understand the concept that just because they want to know if your hair is real, that doesn't give them license to touch you.

This chick did that to me when I was new on the job. I was SO furious b/c I do NOT like anyone touching me or my hair. I am just touchy. I leaned back and looked at her like she was crazy and said "Don't be putting yo' hands in my hair!" She must've thought I was crazy. I wanted to chin check her.

:lachen::lachen:

Originally Posted by Sade'

___

That's exactly how I feel about it. Nasty!!

I haven't gotten long enough to have this happen but it reminds me of how when I was pregnant random people would just feel like it was ok just to come up and touch my stomach. Just like they used to say in kindergarten "keep your hands to yourself!"

(Although I am secretly wishing for the day that this happens to me for the first time so that I can lose my weave-check virginity. I can't wait to have "too good to be true" hair.)

I hate that. I've never been pregnant but bet not nobody come up and touch my stomach when I am. They will get karate chopped. And when they look at me all shocked, I'll ask them if they would touch my stomach if I wasn't pregnant. I bet 10 times out of 10 they'd say no.

Wow. I woulda clamped down HARD on someone's wrist! LOL. I've been asked but nobody touches my hair w/o permission.
Yess Lawd, this. I do that now even though I have only 3" of hair. I just don't like people touchin me that way. Another poster also said people do that also when your pregnant, that ish right there used to make me boil inside. Sometimes I could walk away with an okay face but, on the wrong day I was like a 5'3 tazmanian lil devil:angry2:. Okay i'm done.

I have dealing with this kind of behavoir practically all of my life. I can recall a incident were a women was stalking me in a club, constantly stareing, asking alot of questions first one was is that your hair then following me to the bath room, couldn't take her eyes off me as I comb my hair then walk up and put her hands in my scalp. I let her have it. I pushed her hand so hard away from I tried to break it. The funny part is now people come up to me and will say Jen you still have all of that pretty long hair and it often it would be a weave.

I learned a long time ago that there are a lot of women and men that are extremely obsessed and become so consumed with is it real or fake.

I recently had a classmate stick his hand in my hair and get all scalpy with me. He said you could lose things in there... Then he wondered why it was greasy. I just thought it serves u right!
i didn't appreciate the follow- up comment that cus it was greasy i might have lice crawling around in there

Ugh... I am dreading the day this happens to me. There are some people who have no home training. They don't understand the concept that just because they want to know if your hair is real, that doesn't give them license to touch you.

:nono::nono:Exactly!!!:ohwell:

People are shocked when I wear my hair out. There seems to be like an uncontrollable urge for them to touch it.:lachen: I usually let a few people touch my hair. I give strangers my ghetto look :rolleyes: when they look like they will attempt to touch my hair.:lachen: That usually scares some sense in them!:yep:

Back