self-relaxers, do you apply with your fingers

keylargo

I'm getting ready to retouch this weekend and I usually use an applicator brush. I'm concerned about overlapping. Is it better to you use your fingers to apply or the little applicator brush?

I feel like I have more control when using my fingers. I use gloves of course. I usually make sure they are really snug so they won't slip and slid and get in the way.

I use my fingers. I don't like the way gloves feel on my hands. With my fingers, I feel really in tune with where I'm putting the relaxer.

I agree with you 100%. I would prefer to use my hand because I feel like I have better control. Do you find that your fingers are bothered afterwards?

nOt really. My nails are little yellow, but they're like that when I make curry chicken too
laugh.gif

Brush initially. When I am going back to smooth and applying more relaxer creme, I generally use my fingers.

I use a brush to apply it, and my fingers to smooth it. Then, I usually go through it one last time with a comb...

Armyqt,

I find that if you polish your nails with a few coats of polish a few hours before you relax, they won't turn yellow.

I wear gloves but use a 'wide' tint brush to apply it. I use the handle of the brush to part my hair. For me, this gives an even and quick application. I need all of my (gloved) fingers to be relaxer free. Otherwise, the relaxer may get on my previously relaxed hair as I part and grasp each section.

Then I lightly smooth the relaxer with my gloved hands. I don't comb it through because I don't relax my hair bone straight.

[ QUOTE ]
Poetess232 said:
I use a brush to apply it, and my fingers to smooth it. Then, I usually go through it one last time with a comb...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do too
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poetess232 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I do the EXACT same thing

Back