Sebastian Cellophanes

A

AmilLion

Okay, over the weekend, I went to the salon to have a rinse applied. The rinse used was Sebastian Cellophanes in Ginger. I thought that this shade would at least enhance my medium brown color hair or add additional highlights. WTF went wrong? My hair is now nearly jet black. I saw her as she was applying the color, and the mixture was no where near black or brown. WTH happened here?

How long does it usually take for the rinse to wash out? What are your suggestions for coloring my hair that will cause minimal damage. I would like to brighten up my hair as I am beginning to realize, lighter shades are much more complementing for my complexion.

How long should I wait before coloring?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Well,

I'm sure Tracy will be in soon to give you the real scoop. But I believe that you can't lighten or hi-lite the hair with temporary or semi-permanent hair colors. You can only go darker or stay the same. Otherwise, you would have to use a permanent color which contains ammonia and/or peroxide.

A

AmilLion

Yeah, I know that. But I'm surprised such a light color like Ginger made my hair dark. This was surprising.

Tracy

Amillion - where'd you go?

Ginger cannot POSSIBLY cause the hair to turn dark. Something went wrong. Unfortunately I have no idea what went wrong because I wasn't there.....

Sorry you had this happen...Ginger is a light goldish red coming directly out of the bottle. It's like a tranlucent deep mango color. It has NO brown or dark tones whatsoever. There is no way possibly for it to cause dark hair. No way.

They either didn't use Ginger or something very mysterious happened.

I'm stumped.

Tracy

Check out BRH's pics for an idea of what Ginger should do on medium brown hair....is it similar to that? It should be more red than Gold - but definitely not DARK. But maybe our idea of "dark" is different. Black or dark brown is definitely not what I imagine or have ever yeilded as far as results.

cutebajangirl

Hey amilion,
Haven't seen you in a minute! I tried the ginger a while back and my hair did look lighter as the sun hit it. OS I have no idea what could have happened.
PS I bought the dryer you rec'd and I am loving it.