Cellophanes Color GONE wrong

A

AmilLion

Not too long ago, I put in the Neutral Brown cellophanes rinse hoping to cover a horrible color job that was done months ago. However, the neutral brown came out nearly black on my hair. How do i cool down the color? Should i risk putting on another rinse next week?

Need input.

Tracy

Hey Amillion!

No more rinses. Use some Metalex. Another rinse will fix the tone, but not the depth of the color.

SO SO SO nice to see a few "old heads" on the board.

A

AmilLion

Hi Tracy my color expert!!!

Well the last rinse I had in my hair was sometime in December. Tried to touch it up tonight, but as we can see, the color went

Now this metalex, what is it and what does it do?

It's very nice to see some of the old heads as well. Since quitting my job, I'm rarely on the net.

Tracy

Hi babycakes,

It's an oil based product with polymers in that attach to the color molecules in rinses - almost like little magnets. Then you rinse and wash and out comes the color. It's a quick way to tone down the intensity of a color. Use a good conditioner after. There's no peroxide or anything in it. Never mind how it feels on the hair, you WILL be able to wash it out...LOL! But it'll pull about 40-50% of the color you applied out of the cuticle. I always use it when I ave this problem. Any BSS should have it.

What went wrong about the December color? Is it lighter or darker than your natural color?

A

AmilLion

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for the metalex recommedation Tracy. This afternoon, I applied the metalex to my hair, left it on for about 30 minutes, rinsed and my hair is pretty close to the color that I was aiming for.

Back in December, I went to this woman to have subtle highlights added, she basically gave me chunk highlights in an awful color. So I've been using rinses to cover the god awful color and chunks!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
AmilLion said:
Back in December, I went to this woman to have subtle highlights added, she basically gave me chunk highlights in an awful color. So I've been using rinses to cover the god awful color and chunks!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a darn shame...
You try to do the right thing by going to professional to get your color done, and you end up coming out of the salon with an empty wallet AND something you didn't even ask for!!
Scary!!!