Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HautePinkHeels

I actually use all three at times just because of the way I sleep. I put the scarf on and the bonnet over that because if I only have the scarf and it comes off, all I have to rely on is the pillowcase. That would be fine except I sleep with the comforter ALL the way over my head like I'm in a cocoon. That leaves part of my hair exposed to the rough comforter. So I need the bonnet as scarf backup. :yep:

For me the satin pillowcase is kinda just there for when I'm reading in bed or watching tv in bed or coloring in bed...no, seriously coloring; I have a Hello Kitty coloring book that I love lol. Don't judge me. Coloring is fun.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Used a scarf as a girl but now use a satin pillowcase. I should get real silk but now just get them from Sally's. My head will not sleep on a cotton pillowcase! I only use a scarf if I'm trying to keep pincurls in place. Otherwise I just pin my hair up at night in a loose bun.

Ogoma

I actually use all three at times just because of the way I sleep. I put the scarf on and the bonnet over that because if I only have the scarf and it comes off, all I have to rely on is the pillowcase. That would be fine except I sleep with the comforter ALL the way over my head like I'm in a cocoon. That leaves part of my hair exposed to the rough comforter. So I need the bonnet as scarf backup. :yep:

For me the satin pillowcase is kinda just there for when I'm reading in bed or watching tv in bed or coloring in bed...no, seriously coloring; I have a Hello Kitty coloring book that I love lol. Don't judge me. Coloring is fun.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Are you me?

All three: scarf tied loosely or I am plagued with headaches, large bonnet, and silk pillowcase (I have about 5 pairs that I rotate). I pull the duvet over my head so one or the other is not a option for me.

Miss AJ

I have all 3. Scarf or cap is dependent on style, pillowcases are for back up and if I'm stumbling in too drunk to tie my hair up lol.

naturalmanenyc

I have a few options. I am currently in kinky twists (extensions) so my silk bonnet (ebay) does not fit. I am using a drawstring satin bonnet. When I am not in extensions I am usually wearing a silk scarf (bought a lot off of ebay).

I don't use satin pillowcases since DH does not like them and I'm a little OCD about my bedding matching.

I've been tying my hair up at night since elementary school so it's just second nature. DH laughs since he has seen me, from a deep sleep, adjust my scarf when it slips off at night and go back to sleep.

Tiye

Pillow cases won't protect your hair while you sleep ... unless you use them like scarves - i.e. tie them around your head. In short, I vote for the scarf. :)

PJaye

For those who use pillowcase only - aren't you concerned with hair oils causing your face to break out? That's my major concern, but my scarf always comes off :/

Since I only use satin pillowcases, the way I address this issue is by sealing with only non-comedogenic oils (the others are used as additives in conditioners and HOTs).

lovebug10

I use a silk scarf and a pillowcase. If I wrap my hair in the scarf at night then the pillowcase is useless (unless the scarf comes off - but that doesnt usually happen). Honestly I use the pillow case by itself only when I'm feeling lazy.

regina07

I use both.

If i can't find my scarf, I know I'm sleeping on the silk pillowcase. Doing this has really helped me retain my length.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
For now I'm actually wearing a wig cap. I sleep real wild and nothing stays on my head. Not even rollers. The wig cap is elastic and stays in place. Kind of like the stocking cap my mom used to make me wear as a kid. lol.

I tried a satin pillow case for months, but hated the way my head slipped across it as I toss and turn all night. I'll give it another try tho. I had great growth and no split ends with the pillow case and I never bothered to use a scarf with it.

Last edited:

taytay86

PJaye said:
Since I only use satin pillowcases, the way I address this issue is by sealing with only non-comedogenic oils (the others are used as additives in conditioners and HOTs).

Oooooh like what oils? This is a good idea.

StarScream35

I use both. I've had my satin bonnet slide off so it's nice to have a satin pillowcase there for backup. Sometimes I don't use the bonnet at all. Just sleep on my loose hair on the satin pillowcase.

NikkiGirl

I guess I am the only one that voted neither. I just cannot sleep with anything on my head. It is so very annoying to me!

MystiqueBabe

I use both. I like that the satin scarf has a smoothing effect on my hair and prevents frizz in the morning. Definitely one of the best hair decisions I have ever made.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I use either bonnets or scarves. I've been scarfing since I was a kid, so it's more comfortable to sleep with them, then without them. I just got two bonnets from store.bonbonscheveux.com, and they're really nice. Great quality, and nice prints.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF