Salon goers-relaxer touch-up question

When going to the salon for a touch-up, how do you wear your hair (rollerset, airdry,etc.) so that your stylist can see all your new growth?

Since I basically only airdry my hair, I usually show up w. my hair back in a loose bun. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Apply S-curl to your new growth or water, whatever will make your new growth curl up distinguishing relaxed hair from natural hair. Be sure to lubricate your scalp well so you don't burned. Castor oil is a good base for relaxing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I going to try and get my hair touched up this week. Since I flatironed my roots yesterday, I gotta make sure all of my new growth shows. I guess I'm gonna try to spray it all with SCurl... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

I self relax now (as of a year and a half ago) because I don’t like being overcharged and having my hair over processed, but I still go to the salon to get my hair done once (press & curl) every 3-4 months or on special occasions.

It’s funny you asked that question though. When I went to the salon 2 weeks ago I air dried my hair overnight and left some oil in it. I went to the salon at 8:00 in the morning with a scarf covering my head. Once I took that thing off and my stylist got in my hair she asked me “When’s the last time you had a relaxer?” I didn’t think I had that much new growth but I guess it was a lot to her. From her comments I take it that lot of her customers don’t practice the LHCF art of “stretching out relaxers”. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To answer your question though, normally I don’t do anything special to my hair because the stylist is going to undo whatever I have done. I like to keep it simple… a bun and a scarf will do! HTH.

I usually just finger comb it the night before and leave it down. I wear a hat or a scarf on the way there, since at this stage my hair is usually unkempt /images/graemlins/sekret.gif.

I was curious about this - does anyone find that they burn more if the hair is not fully dry? Are there any products to avoid pre-relaxed that would make the scalp burn? I had a lot of moisturizer in and I was based well but still burned. Normally that does not happen to me, so I was wondering if it was something I put in my hair.

Also, any pre-treatment routines that you all suggest?

Back