SAA or Ceramides for thin hair

geminilive

I was wondering if any of us were having success with Silk Amino Acids or Ceramides. If so how do you use and what brands are you using?
TIA

Well, I didn't start using SAA for thin hair. I used it to improve the condition of my hair and it works. I use it in my leave ins, conditioners, with relaxers, and sometimes just by itself. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter.com. I got Redken Extreme Rescue Force and Deep Fuel for the ceramides. I love these two treatments. I also got the Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Repair for its ceramide-r.
Anyway, using the silk has made my hair stronger, silkier, and stronger. You should definitely try it.
(I have been using castor oil and amla oil to thicken up :yep:)

I use both for different purposes, they work well. There is a thread about using ceramides - I'll see if I can find and bump it.

I have been using Silicon Mix and Sedal Ceramide Rinse and my hair loves this product and they had been very effective.

does anyone know where you can get ceramides by themselves, like we can get SAA?

When you find out, let us know!!

I have tried to find 'ceramides' only, but to no avail.

I did run across a site that seemed to have them, but they were SO expensive, I opted not to pursue it any further.

Happy Hunting!!!

Well, I didn't start using SAA for thin hair. I used it to improve the condition of my hair and it works. I use it in my leave ins, conditioners, with relaxers, and sometimes just by itself. I get mine from www.lotioncrafter.com. I got Redken Extreme Rescue Force and Deep Fuel for the ceramides. I love these two treatments. I also got the Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Repair for its ceramide-r.
Anyway, using the silk has made my hair stronger, silkier, and stronger. You should definitely try it.

How much do you add and how do u mix it into your products? Im about to purchase some originally for my eyelashes, but plan to use it for my hair too. I guess Id better get a bigger bottle bc I thought I only needed a few drops for my mascara.

I second the Rescue Force and Deep Fuel Treatments. They are both good products. I am going to order the SAA from lotion crafters. How much SAA are you adding to your leave-ins? How much SAA do you use alone? Thanks

I second the Rescue Force and Deep Fuel Treatments. They are both good products. I am going to order the SAA from lotion crafters. How much SAA are you adding to your leave-ins? How much SAA do you use alone? Thanks

how often do you use those conditioners? Are they supposed to be for moisture or protein?

I like using Aurora Silk's, pure silk treatment. It really helps with adding a gentle protein and with fullness for fine hair.

I still have occassional breakage, though and want to try ceramides to help with that protein-moisture balance since I use a no-lye relaxer.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I will def. try the Redken products and I had already ordered the SAA from lotioncrafters for the eyelash benefits now I am going to try it in some hair products

Has anyone used ceramides post relaxer the same day or during the first post relaxer wash?

Back