Run to get your caruso steam rollers!!!!!

godsflowerrr

Hey ladies. i have tried the caruso rollers and they are the ish!!!!!!!!! i have been reading threads on the caruso steam rollers for quite some time but i just never got them. after trying them, i wish that i wouldn't have waited as long as i did. WHY ohhhhh WHY didn't i try them sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!! :look: OMG..... i can't believe how soft and bouncy it made my hair!!!!!!!!!! i mixed a little Infusiun leave in conditioner to the water in the unit and my hair was soooooo smooth. it didn't even feel like it was my hair!!!!! For those who were thinking of buying one you won't regret it. this is definitely a keeper!!!!!
i have pics in my fotki.

*****why use direct heat when i can use this? i blow dried my hair before using the rollers. i wonder how it would come out it if I air dried or even bonnet dried my hair before rolling huum:) ???

godsflowerrr said:
Hey ladies. i have tried the caruso rollers and they are the ish!!!!!!!!! i have been reading threads on the caruso steam rollers for quite some time but i just never got them. after trying them, i wish that i wouldn't have waited as long as i did. WHY ohhhhh WHY didn't i try them sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!! :look: OMG..... i can't believe how soft and bouncy it made my hair!!!!!!!!!! i mixed a little Infusiun leave in conditioner to the water in the unit and my hair was soooooo smooth. it didn't even feel like it was my hair!!!!! For those who were thinking of buying one you won't regret it. this is definitely a keeper!!!!!
i have pics in my fotki.

*****why use direct heat when i can use this? i blow dried my hair before using the rollers. i wonder how it would come out it if I air dried or even bonnet dried my hair before rolling huum:) ???

There was a recent thread on this about using on air dried hair - I think for most people it didn't work too well.
I have the Vidal Sassoon steam curlers and they are absolutely heaven. I keep curls all day long - even in this Washington, DC heat/humidity. Pictures of my rollerset in my siggy. I agree - A KEEPER :)

godsflowerrr said:
i have pics in my fotki.

Who you recommend these rollers for naturals who want to rollerset??

BTW- Your hair is gorgeous and thick!

I use the caruso rollers on my hair after I airdry and they come out nice. I am also 4a/b so if it works for my hair I know it will work for others. I have a picture in my fotki when I use the caruso rollers on my hair when I was about 8 weeks post and they came out great....I never blow dry my hair I always airdry...If you want you can look at the picture in my fotki...

:crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: I went to get mine at sallys saturday. They are on sale and they are sold out!

(but, they did say new shipments come in on tuesdays BRB!)

I bought the Caruso system over a month ago, but have been sitting on the fence. I think I'll go ahead and try it out. I have the Ionic system and two extra boxes of the jumbo rollers.

Godsflowerrr, your fotki rollerset pic looks great! What size rollers did you use? I am going to try your method except I am going to airdry (I don't use blowdryers). I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Last edited:
godsflowerrr said:
i have pics in my fotki.

I love my Caruso's also. I got great results from using Fantasia IC serum prior to roller setting. But I'm going to try putting a little bit of Infusium in the unit and see what kind of results I get. How do you maintain your set? I pin curl my hair every night.

I cannot use them on airdried hair.

My hair has to be straight.

So I use them for curly touchups between shampoos.

Love them as well!

I have one too, and I noticed that when I do get around to using it, my curls last for days compared to using a curling iron, and breakage is minimal if none at all. This is definitely worth having :)

Just checked out your album, and your caruso roller set looks bomb. What a great way to style.... I do have some steam rollers, but i rarely use them. This is making me wanna break those suckers out again. :D

Yup I love mine as well....I need to replace mine though it stopped working, even after I tried cleaning it with the vinegar.:perplexed

crlsweetie912 said:
:crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: :crying3: I went to get mine at sallys saturday. They are on sale and they are sold out!

(but, they did say new shipments come in on tuesdays BRB!)

I have been to Sally's twice looking to get these and they were sold out each time also.:(

jwilso22 said:
I went to Sally's too and they were sold out. Where can you buy the online at?

Yes please do tell where you can get them on line I have tried to find them in the UK but as with a lot of things u guys have we don't have them here.:perplexed

I just purchased the Carusso system last night online. I think I'm going to enjoy...Can't wait for it to arrive.:lol:

I purchased mine from Amazon it was about $62 with shipping and handling. Comes with 30 rollers and the unit. There were other online stores that carried it as well, but I know Amazon has it for sure. Just bought it last night.

thanks girl. i bought 2 extra boxes of large rollers too...lol:lol: i started in the back and used the large rollers in the back and the sides until i ran out then i used the medium rollers on the top...make sure you post your pics when u are done...i wanna see:)

Doll said:
I bought the Caruso system over a month ago, but have been sitting on the fence. I think I'll go ahead and try it out. I have the Ionic system and two extra boxes of the jumbo rollers.

Godsflowerrr, your fotki rollerset pic looks great! What size rollers did you use? I am going to try your method except I am going to airdry (I don't use blowdryers). I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

...yup i pin curl my hair too and it still looks great the next day!
Alliyasmom said:
I love my Caruso's also. I got great results from using Fantasia IC serum prior to roller setting. But I'm going to try putting a little bit of Infusium in the unit and see what kind of results I get. How do you maintain your set? I pin curl my hair every night.

I must be doing something wrong because I have the same rollers and my curls never last. I am almost brastrap and my hair only bends no curl.. What are you all doing to get these great results? Help a sista out!

MV

MissVee said:
I must be doing something wrong because I have the same rollers and my curls never last. I am almost brastrap and my hair only bends no curl.. What are you all doing to get these great results? Help a sista out!

MV
That's strange...are you using them when your hair is dry? And what size rollers?

maybe you have too much steam on the roller. you only have to leave the roller on the steam for 3-5 seconds and the same with the roller cap. plus i left the rollers on my hair for 45 min after setting it...i hope this helps:)

Godsflowerrr,

Your hair is beautiful and it looks so healthy. How do you curl your hair with them? Do you put each curler on the steamer and then roll it? Also how many rollers do you need. I think I have somewhat the same amount of hair as you.

How long in total does it take you to do your hair? I wish there was something that could dry and curl your hair at the same time... wishful thinking... :lol:

Thanks in advance.

U have very pretty hair.
I luved my Caruso when I was relaxed...
I never thought about infusing the water with products... very creative idea!

WomanlyCharm said:
That's strange...are you using them when your hair is dry? And what size rollers?

I use it when my hair is dry and I use the large and medium rollers. Maybe I am steaming them too long. How long do you all leave them in? Are you adding anything to the water?

MV

MissVee said:
I use it when my hair is dry and I use the large and medium rollers. Maybe I am steaming them too long. How long do you all leave them in? Are you adding anything to the water?

MV
I leave my rollers on the vent for 10 seconds, and I count those seconds too (it's automatic). Then I quickly roll up my hair and snap that cover on. If I remove the roller from the steam vent and I'm too slow rolling it up or wait too long (like a few more seconds, I put that roller aside (so the steam can dissipate) and try a fresh roller on the steam vent for 10 seconds. The trick is quickly rolling up the hair after steaming the roller and not letting the roller sit on the steam vent too long (it will get wet).

I use end papers, which I learned to do here at LHCF to eliminate any possible frizziness, although it works well without them. I usually don't steam my roller covers but it can help make the curl last longer.

So far, I've never added anything to the water in the years I've been using the Caruso rollers. It could be a good idea, I'll have to try it and see.

In my avatar, I left my Caruso roller in for a very brief period of time, I think it was 5 - 10 minutes or so, in a spiral set for waves. If I wasn't in such a hurry, I would have left them in for maybe 20 minutes.

Back