Round brush/blow drying

syze6

Has anyone had their hari blow dryed with a round brush? I went to Super cuts and got a shampoo and blowdry. This Hispanic girl blow dryed my hair using a round brush. I asked her if she had a comb attachment or another brush, she didn't. MY hair got really straight and it has a lot of movement. I was told that black hair shouldn't be blow dried usign a round brush because it causes too much damage. I noticed hair in the brush but it wasn't an alarming amount. I figured it was hair that shedded and had not been combed out. What are your experiences with this?

I have heard the same thing about the damage it could potentially cause. I dont think the damage would be immediate but i am sure over time it would not be good. Every once in awhile shouldnt be that bad, make sure you use a good protein/moisture balance so that your hair is strong with some elasticity.

I think that the damage thing is a myth. They always use a round brush when they do dominican blow outs and dominicans know how to take care of their hair. I think that a blowout with a round brush is healthier than a comb attachment. When u use a comb attachment u have to use the iron after to add some curl to the ends. Curling irons and flat irons are harsher on relaxed hair than a simple blow drier IMO.

My stylist does this and i haven't seen any damage and I have been going to her for 3 years. But what may make a difference is that she doesn't use the brush when my hair is wet or damp. She'll start brushig it towards the end of the blow drying time.

You ladies are lucky. My hair didnt do so well with all of that heat being directly blown over the brush. Over time it thinned my hair out. It could be attributed to the fact that she went over the entire length and not just the roots :ohwell:

Back