roller set drama. suggestions?

LivingDol1

hey all. i roller set my hair last night after washing and DCing. i was hoping it would only take me 1 hr but it took 2!!! i was happy it was perfectly sectioned and all but dang! i'm working on it...

and yes, the bonnet dryer. i got under it at 10PM. I wasn't done drying my hair until 2:30 am! 3.5 hours! I own a gold 'n hot 350 watts... and i've had it for like 5 years i think. i use the hi setting. i was going to saran wrap afterwards but i didn't have the energy. would anyone be able to recommend a bonnet dryer that uses more wattage? dries faster? i have searched and read about something sold at walmart but it's no longer available... i can't afford the space for one of those hard bonnet dryers. i live in a tiny NYC apartment.....

I use a combo of grey rollers, blue rollers(next size up) and red rollers(next size up after that). i can't go any bigger than that or else i don't think i'll be able to get the rollers to stay tight enough. i don't even have a thick head of hair!!!

any suggestions? would be much appreciated... thanks.

What products are you using when you roller set? I found that the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll dries my hair much faster than some others.

What products are you using when you roller set? I found that the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll dries my hair much faster than some others.

i used jane carter's wrap and roll on my roller set. that was my first time using the product. of course that's not the only thing i use on my hair. after i'm done with my wash and dc, i put in nexxus headress leave in(slightly larger than quarter size amount). my relaxed hair is curly when wet no matter what, so i used paul mitchell's lite detangler when separating and combing my hair. then i sprayed on phyto organics canopy thermal protection on each section... and finally the wrap n roll. i don't know if that is product overload but it sure sounds like it!

even before i used the wrap n roll, it took forever to dry! but it was so much easier to comb through my hair without losing a ton of strands.

I have same prob. takes too long for my hair to dry under the soft bonnet. I usually end up taking the rollers out before completely dry, go back under w/o rollers and then I am dry in 10 mins. then I will saran wrap it. I am under the bonnet now and I did a quicky rollerset, 12 gray rollers, minimal parts. trying to see if that will work.

hmm... less rollers. that may be a good point b/c it saves time putting them all in there. i had 19 in my hair last night. my roots get dry, no problem. it's the wrapped ends and a little bit of the length that is always damp! let me know how it goes!

Back