Roller Brushes and Damage

JennJenn

I have just moved to DC metro area from Atlanta. Unlike Atlanta there are several Dominican hair salons which tend to use roller brushes to blow dry one's hair. My hairdresser in Atlanta told me that blow drying your hair with a roller brush will damage the hair and destroy the hair's elasticity. If anyone has any knowledge concerning this issue please share. Thanks.

i personally think doing a blow out from certain domincan salon fries your freaking hair and that brush is a killer it makes your hair feels like its going to come out from the roots if you listen carefully you can hear your hair pop as they blow dry with the brush

when i go there i only ask them to blow the roots and the lady will do it with a small tooth comb since the hair is already soft

If you ask them, you can just get a roller set and they will wrap it before you walk out. Or you can just ask for your roots blown out. But if you don't say something they will use the round brush whether you need it or not every time. Personally, I think you would only need it when you have a whole lot of new growth and it does break some folks hair off.

Ok. Thanks for the tips. I think I might be cancelling my appointment for tommorrow. I wish I could find someone to do my hair here like in Atlanta. It's so hard to find a hairdresser here :(

Back