Rite b4 a Relaxer/Texlaxer/Texturizer

LadyCee

Before LHCF I would think that there was nothing necessary to do b4 a chemical process. Well my strech is basically coming to an end and I have alot of NG. Well my Q for u ladies are do u usually come ur hair b4 a relaxer(whether it be ritw b4 a relaxer or a week prior) especially to detangle/tame down all the NG? Also wat steps do you do a week or so b4 ur chemical process??? Ideas neone.

Hey there after taking my twists down a week before my relaxer I did a henna treatment followed by an intense DC. Also I did a quick ACV rinse two or three days before the touch up after reading it was best to do so before the relaxer so it would take better. HTH

I don't manipulate my hair the day before and if possible the day before that as well. And right before, I've been using Joico liquid reconstructor.

I don't manipulate my hair the day before and if possible the day before that as well. oh yeah, I shampoo two days before as well.

Before a relaxer, I clarify, use a light protein treatment, follow with a moisturizing conditioner, and base my scalp. I plan on getting a relaxer Tuesday. It will have been 15 weeks.

Today I clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid. Then I used Motions CPR and a moisturizing conditioner by Joico. I applied a little Blue Magic Conditioning Hair Dress to my scalp, and I will do that again Monday night. Right before the relaxer, I'll also use the Blue Magic to protect my ears, forhead, and nape.

After conditioning, I applied some Silk Elements moisturizer to my ends. I gently detangled and pulled my hair back to dry. I won't mess with it until relaxer time.

Back