Rite b4 a Relaxer/Texlaxer/Texturizer

LadyCee

Before LHCF I would think that there was nothing necessary to do b4 a chemical process. Well my strech is basically coming to an end and I have alot of NG. Well my Q for u ladies are do u usually come ur hair b4 a relaxer(whether it be ritw b4 a relaxer or a week prior) especially to detangle/tame down all the NG? Also wat steps do you do a week or so b4 ur chemical process??? Ideas neone.

KathyMay

Hey there after taking my twists down a week before my relaxer I did a henna treatment followed by an intense DC. Also I did a quick ACV rinse two or three days before the touch up after reading it was best to do so before the relaxer so it would take better. HTH

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't manipulate my hair the day before and if possible the day before that as well. And right before, I've been using Joico liquid reconstructor.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I don't manipulate my hair the day before and if possible the day before that as well. oh yeah, I shampoo two days before as well.

LaReyna756

Before a relaxer, I clarify, use a light protein treatment, follow with a moisturizing conditioner, and base my scalp. I plan on getting a relaxer Tuesday. It will have been 15 weeks.

Today I clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid. Then I used Motions CPR and a moisturizing conditioner by Joico. I applied a little Blue Magic Conditioning Hair Dress to my scalp, and I will do that again Monday night. Right before the relaxer, I'll also use the Blue Magic to protect my ears, forhead, and nape.

After conditioning, I applied some Silk Elements moisturizer to my ends. I gently detangled and pulled my hair back to dry. I won't mess with it until relaxer time.