Review: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner

Nice & Wavy

I don't know if this was a review before ( I didn't look) but I wanted to share my experience with it.

I did a CW with it this morning in the shower. I massaged it through my hair and it has a very lovely, light fragrance. It also made my hair very soft and I didn't have to comb it through...just used my fingers.

After I rinsed it out, my hair was still very soft and my curls defined.

I then had the opportunity to use some of my BBD, and Oyin Whipped Pudding and Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. My hair has been soft and smelling good all day. I think I have found a winner for the summer months.

Anyone else used this conditioner and like'd it?

I want to try this conditioner soooo badly, but there isn't a Trader Joe's in Tennessee. I guess I'll just have to wait till I go to D.C. this summer in order to finally get to a Trader Joe's.

yep! i love trader joe's nourish spa. you can't beat the price & the quality ingredients. one of my favorite slippy, leave-in conditioners.

I've tried it, and I like it too. A lot of the ladies at NP raved about how it was better than elucence. That's what made me what to try it.

i bought a bottle about a month ago and haven't used it yet. i'm gonna try this weekend. maybe it'll help tackle this new growth :lol:

tkj25 said:
yep! i love trader joe's nourish spa. you can't beat the price & the quality ingredients. one of my favorite slippy, leave-in conditioners.

I've used this as a leave-in conditioner a few times also. I did a CW with it this morning, and I don't know...I think Suave clarifying conditioner works better for me. However, I do think there are some good ingredients
in it for such a low price, and it does smell really good.

Most of the ingredients are organic. The main ingredients are purified water, rosemary oil, valencia orange citrus, mango, lemongrass, ginko biloba, echinacea, willow bark, sea kelp, chamomile flower, and textured soy protein.

Aalize said:
I've tried it, and I like it too. A lot of the ladies at NP raved about how it was better than elucence. That's what made me what to try it.

Oh you just ought not a went there! You just dead wrong....! I say we all meet at TJ's in Springfield, VA tomorrow. Anybody down???:lol:

yes yes. I have been reading the reviews lately and they are all good! I must try it out.

TSU dont you just hate when we cant get products here?!? I cant wait to try this one out. I am just excited.

I have this also because I did not want to spend the cash on Elucence. I have been really pleased with the results I get. I also like the price and the fact that I can use it as a leave in.

I'm really glad you liked it! :p I so wanted it to work for me because of the ingredients and price, but I didn't like it.
I have the poo and con and tried it a couple of times, but it was no good for me. :ohwell:

mscocoface said:
I have this also because I did not want to spend the cash on Elucence. I have been really pleased with the results I get. I also like the price and the fact that I can use it as a leave in.

There's that beloved E word again.....you ladies really gotta learn when to quit!!!:grin:

TSUprincess04 said:
I want to try this conditioner soooo badly, but there isn't a Trader Joe's in Tennessee. I guess I'll just have to wait till I go to D.C. this summer in order to finally get to a Trader Joe's.

Oh, I can't wait for you too try it too. I really like it...it had great slip.

Btw, your hair is soooooo pretty...keep up the good work.

MissVee said:
This stuff is the business, I just finished a bottle today. For $2.50 you can't go wrong.

Yes, the price is great. I'm going to go back tommorrow and buy a few more. This is going to be my new staple CW conditioner!

Aalize said:

Really? I've never heard of it till someone from here said something about it. Also, I think it definately compares to Elucence conditioner, and for me to say that, is big because I love Elucence.

Letitia said:
yes yes. I have been reading the reviews lately and they are all good! I must try it out.

TSU dont you just hate when we cant get products here?!? I cant wait to try this one out. I am just excited.

:cry3: I need me some Nourish Spa. I want it so badly. I heard that the bottles are big too, so you get a lot for what you're paying for. Letitia, I dunno what I'm gonna do. When I get to D.C., I'm gonna be so lost and so alone. I'll be up there for 2.5 months, and won't be able to get to Trader Joe's or Miss Jessie's Salon because I don't know where anything is or how to use the metro/train thingy. What if I get lost, and can't find the Trader Joe's? :cry3: I want some Nourish Spa.

SweetCaramel1 said:
i bought a bottle about a month ago and haven't used it yet. i'm gonna try this weekend. maybe it'll help tackle this new growth :lol:

Now u know u have got to try it now! LOL

healthyhairin07 said:
I've used this as a leave-in conditioner a few times also. I did a CW with it this morning, and I don't know...I think Suave clarifying conditioner works better for me. However, I do think there are some good ingredients
in it for such a low price, and it does smell really good.

Most of the ingredients are organic. The main ingredients are purified water, rosemary oil, valencia orange citrus, mango, lemongrass, ginko biloba, echinacea, willow bark, sea kelp, chamomile flower, and textured soy protein.

Priestess: yes, I like the fact that it doesn't have sulfates too. I'll have to try the shampoo next.

Healthyhair: I'm glad that you have found something good that has worked for you. I have to try the suave sometime. Oh, and thanks for posting some of the ingrediants!

Letitia said:

You will really like it!

KEWLKAT103 said:
I'm really glad you liked it! :p I so wanted it to work for me because of the ingredients and price, but I didn't like it.
I have the poo and con and tried it a couple of times, but it was no good for me. :ohwell:

Sorry it didn't work for you. Did you pass it on?

Any relaxed heads try this yet? I'm usually in Trader Joe's at least once a week during my lunch breaks. For the price, I can definitely snatch it up and try it out.

divinefavor said:
Any relaxed heads try this yet? I'm usually in Trader Joe's at least once a week during my lunch breaks. For the price, I can definitely snatch it up and try it out.

Divinefavor, I think relaxed heads can use this. It's really nice and light and it gives really good slip too. It's not just for naturals, not one bit.

I use it and I really like it. It's a cheap no cone moisturizing conditioner with lots of slip and I love that the ingredients are all natural. It's good quality stuff on a par with giovanni and elucence imo. And I think it has a great consistency, it's not really thin or too thick, just perfect for conditioner washes. However I found the shampoo a little harsh since I'm used to CON. I would definitely not use the shampoo and conditioner together. For a shampoo like this I would use a deep moisturising conditoner.

Nice & Wavy said:
Divinefavor, I think relaxed heads can use this. It's really nice and light and it gives really good slip too. It's not just for naturals, not one bit.

Thanks girl!

isobell said:
I use it and I really like it. It's a cheap no cone moisturizing conditioner with lots of slip and I love that the ingredients are all natural. It's good quality stuff on a par with giovanni and elucence imo. And I think it has a great consistency, it's not really thin or too thick, just perfect for conditioner washes. However I found the shampoo a little harsh since I'm used to CON. I would definitely not use the shampoo and conditioner together. For a shampoo like this I would use a deep moisturising conditoner.

Wow, thanks for letting me know about the shampoo...I can just pass that then and stick with Elucence. Glad you like the conditioner though.

Back