Review: Praital Silk Worm Rinse

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Okay, so there was a thread started a week ago about the negative results of Praital Silk Worm Rinse. I went on a shopping spree last week for Dominican products and this was one of the items I purchased. Well, I got my package yesterday (it was delivered Thursday but I didn't have time to pick it up) and I tore it open. I used the Praital Silk Worm Rinse after shampooing last night and I didn't have anything bad to say about it. Wait, let me take that back. The only negative thing, so far, I have to say is that it didn't help with detangling. I had to end up using my wide-tooth comb to help me detangle my hair. But, the rinse actually made my hair soft and silky. It didn't smell bad, at least I could tolerate the smell. It was kind of a dull baby-powder scent. It has Silk Protein listed as the first and main ingredient, so it is very protein based. I was afraid to use it at first, especially after hearing all the bad things about it recently, but I used it anyway. Now, this was my first try at it, but I'll be using it again to see if I get the same results, better results, or worse. I'll keep you guys posted.

beana

Thanks for your review you mustve been reading my mind! I just purchased this and was going to use it my next wash... however i havent had much luck with dominican products in the past. My main reason for wanting to try it was for its detangling ability...

Also, i dont think the ingredients of this rinse are listed in order either.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Thanks for your review you mustve been reading my mind! I just purchased this and was going to use it my next wash... however i havent had much luck with dominican products in the past. My main reason for wanting to try it was for its detangling ability...

Hmmmmmmm.......I'm not sure about the bold part. Maybe we can find out why it's listed like that. However, I would not use it after using a protein DC, as that would be a protein overload. I used a moisturizing DC after pooing. I am assuming that's why it didn't leave my hair hard and dry like some of the others have mentioned. But, other than it's detangling properties, I don't have anything bad to say.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.

Oh, and you're welcome!! What dominican products have you used in the past that didn't work for you?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Too bad you are not in Chicago, I could have given you mine. :yep:

Good thing I didn't buy more than 1 bottle of it. I'm still in my testing stages, so I'd be very pissed if I didn't like it at all. My hair hasn't had a problem with it yet, but, I can't say as of yet that it will become a staple. It's way too early to claim that yet. I still have other rinses to try out. I'm such a PJ:grin:

beana

Oh, and you're welcome!! What dominican products have you used in the past that didn't work for you?

silicon mix (best of them all, but like a 7/10 nothing great)
nacidit olive oil and advocado conditioners
emergencia (my sisters love it, but a miss for me)
apretadora ( i cant even tell u what this is supposed to do)
Salerm wheat germ mask

None of these delivered quality results for my hair.. the only thing that did anything noticeable is the silicon mix (adds great shine), nothing else as far as deep conditioning and average detangling. the only dominican product i use consistently with great results is lacio lacio leave in

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
silicon mix (best of them all, but like a 7/10 nothing great)
nacidit olive oil and advocado conditioners
emergencia (my sisters love it, but a miss for me)
apretadora ( i cant even tell u what this is supposed to do)
Salerm wheat germ mask

None of these delivered quality results for my hair.. the only thing that did anything noticeable is the silicon mix (adds great shine), nothing else as far as deep conditioning and average detangling. the only dominican product i use consistently with great results is lacio lacio leave in

Goodness!! I have the silicon mix, but I've only used it twice. I intended to use the whole jar, but started on the Pantene BD masque and never finished the Silicon Mix. I'm going to have to revisit it. I bought the Nacidit conditioners during my shopping spree and I haven't tried them out yet. The Lacio Lacio didn't do anything for me. I was a little disappointed. I wanted the "oomph" everyone else was getting, but it wasn't happening for me. I finished it off and won't be purchasing it again.