RESULTS BETTER THAN THE DOMINICAN SALONS..

kking7777

Okay ladies,

Who can acheive results at home better than the Dominican salons and if so what do u do? I roller set and flat iron my hair with my CHI but I am missing that swing the Dominican salon gives u.. please help!

Well what do the dominican do to make the bounce and the swing? They blow dry the hell out of your hair... The key is the blow dryer and the brush they use.

I have the revostyler that rotates. I :love: this Brush. It is da truth. It doesn't really take out your hair as far as breakage. But it really makes my hair full and so healthy looking. So yeah its the heat and that brush that does the job for a dominican blow out.

Sorry need to add that they rollerset your hair. So that it keeps the body and the bounce and the fullness. And there products they use as well. :)

I like the results I get at home better than the dominican salon because I dont use the blowdry at all (in fact i threw mine away) I get the swinging effect by not putting in too many products in my hair after washing. I just use cream leave in and alittle bit of keracare oil moisturiser and thats it.

kking7777 said:
so u use the revo.. and what type of blow dryer?

Yes, I do and the results are beautiful. I just use a plain Conair Gold blow dryer. Nothing special. However I am going to invest in the blow dryer the Dominican salons use. Because they are serious that heat well tear you up. My cousin always laughs at me when I go get my hair done at the dominicans. Because I am so tender headed and cry when I get my hair braided. She says you cry but you sit still when they are burning your hair and scalp.:D

However i get about the same results when I do my hair at home. When I go you have to let them no before hand what you want. Sometimes I just bring my own products and the lady that does my hair. Just loves the results.
HTH

I've been fairly successful using Paul Mitchell Super Skinny shampoo, conditioner, and serum, blowdrying my hair, flat ironing it, and then using my caruso rollers. There's a picture in my fotki. You can compare it to my blowouts. It looks pretty much the same. :grin:

I totally agree, it's all in the blow-dryer and ceramic brush. My cousing who is natural sometimes has the time on her hands to get a blow-out/using the ceramic brush and then flatiron and I tell ya it just be flawless, bounce and swing with the blink of an eye. But if I just flat iron no brush involved she gets a nice do it's beautiful w/a little body but nothing compared to that unbelievable body she has if I use that brush and the blow-dryer.
ahsiar29 said:
Well what do the dominican do to make the bounce and the swing? They blow dry the hell out of your hair... The key is the blow dryer and the brush they use.

I have the revostyler that rotates. I :love: this Brush. It is da truth. It doesn't really take out your hair as far as breakage. But it really makes my hair full and so healthy looking. So yeah its the heat and that brush that does the job for a dominican blow out.

imani97 said:
I've been fairly successful using Paul Mitchell Super Skinny shampoo, conditioner, and serum, blowdrying my hair, flat ironing it, and then using my caruso rollers. There's a picture in my fotki. You can compare it to my blowouts. It looks pretty much the same. :grin:

Imani, how are you liking the PM Super Skinny? Does it do what it says, make your hair skinny? :D

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I totally agree, it's all in the blow-dryer and ceramic brush. My cousing who is natural sometimes has the time on her hands to get a blow-out/using the ceramic brush and then flatiron and I tell ya it just be flawless, bounce and swing with the blink of an eye. But if I just flat iron no brush involved she gets a nice do it's beautiful w/a little body but nothing compared to that unbelievable body she has if I use that brush and the blow-dryer.
Do you roller set, flat iron and use the brush or you just flat iron and use the brush?

Actually she will airdry and then I use the brush and blowdryer, or when she is partially airdry I will begin blowwing it out w/the brush and then flatiron to give it the curly rollerset look. My cousin is very impatient and hard headed, I would rollerset her then just blow it out, but btwn her and her mothers impatience I give them what they want, which is out in 1hr, lol.
Liz25_Ga said:
Do you roller set, flat iron and use the brush or you just flat iron and use the brush?

Back