Reniece straightened my hair! Lots of pictures!

I'm about a year late...your hair is unreal!!! Will you flat iron and post for 2011? Your hair is really great. Thank you.

Wow, time flies...I can't believe it's been so long since this was first posted.

Hands down my favorite LHCF reveal ever! I remember how it totally broke records on the number of "likes" ( back then called "thanks") that it received.

Bumping it for Sunday enjoyment and inspiration!

Omg,this was 2010???? Why does it feel like 3 years ago?! Time flies! :cry:
Every lurker and their momma hit that like button when she posted this! Lol.
I wish I could see how many likes it has!
Reniece is amazing and Mwedzi has perfect hair! Length, thickness, density. Just perfect!

@Mwedzi, is Reniece still doing your hair ? Have you retained your length, thickness , etc ?
I know that Reniece reached out to you for promotional purposes to do your hair and it worked, as she has a stable following from this forum and offline as well.

Oh gosh, how embarrassing, but flattering :blush2: Thanks. I do still go to Reniece about once or twice a year. Since this post I had a baby and cut my hair down to 2 or 3 inches when I was pregnant, at the end of 2012. It's grown back to scraping waist length, but my ends are in poor shape because, well, I just haven't had time to be as gentle with it. I used that Denman brush to get through detangling as quickly as possible because, with an infant/toddler, I just didn't have the time or energy to do what I should. So my ends are thin. The worst part is that I have layers and it's the front part that's the worst, so cutting where it's thin would make my layers even worse. :/ The hair in the back is stronger and was able to withstand the Denman abuse. So anyway, I guess I'll go back to her when I'm ready to cut a few inches.

Gosh, I looked so young and vibrant in these pics. Geez, this baby and life has worn me all the way out in just a few years. It's a bit tragic.:bricks:

I attached a recent picture of me and my hair from a LHCF meetup. I didn't get their permission to post their picture in the totally public part of the forum, so I cropped them out.

Attachments

• meetup.JPG
    meetup.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Oh gosh, how embarrassing, but flattering :blush2: Thanks. I do still go to Reniece about once or twice a year. Since this post I had a baby and cut my hair down to 2 or 3 inches when I was pregnant, at the end of 2012. It's grown back to scraping waist length, but my ends are in poor shape because, well, I just haven't had time to be as gentle with it. I used that Denman brush to get through detangling as quickly as possible because, with an infant/toddler, I just didn't have the time or energy to do what I should. So my ends are thin. The worst part is that I have layers and it's the front part that's the worst, so cutting where it's thin would make my layers even worse. :/ The hair in the back is stronger and was able to withstand the Denman abuse. So anyway, I guess I'll go back to her when I'm ready to cut a few inches.

Gosh, I looked so young and vibrant in these pics. Geez, this baby and life has worn me all the way out in just a few years. It's a bit tragic.:bricks:

I attached a recent picture of me and my hair from a LHCF meetup. I didn't get their permission to post their picture in the totally public part of the forum, so I cropped them out.

@nyeredzi, your hair still looks thick and luscious and you still look beautiful! Reading this thread and seeing your beautiful hair gave me a boost to keep pushing! It's easy to lose yourself as a wife and mother, we're conditioned to put everyone before our own needs and it can take a toll. Even if it's small try to do something just for you every now and again. Like going to get your slayed by Reniece! Every few years I have to reboot and take a step back and remind myself that I'm WORTH it and no one can love or treat me better than I can.

Back