Relaxers with lye-----WHERE?

Leshia

All right, so you guys remember that I'm not in the states but I'm completely lost as to where to find the relaxers with lye...I can't find these things anywhere! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

i also dont live in the states and im looking for a lye relaxer. The lye relaxer that i could find was motions (does not do a thing for me)

I cannot find affirm, the lyes i have seen are
optimum
african pride
revlon

if any of you ladies have used the above , please post your recommendations on them. these days i dont buy anything that has not been recommended by this board!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks in advance

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Leshia said:
All right, so you guys remember that I'm not in the states but I'm completely lost as to where to find the relaxers with lye...I can't find these things anywhere! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I used to relax my hair, I used the Motions line. Also, Texas Beauty Supply has every lye relaxer ever made. I was looking for something entirely unrelated to lye relaxers and was very suprised to see that they had them. At the time, I didn't even know lye relaxers still existed. http://store.yahoo.com/texasbeautysupplycom/index.html
I order products from them all the time when I cannot find them locally and have had great success.

Hi aikaa71,

I used the Optimum Rx lye relaxer in the royal blue tub, regular strength when I was switching to a lye relaxer. It's the one formulated for color treated and damaged hair.That was in November of this past year. I have no complaints about it. My next relaxer will be with Elucence lye, but I haven't had any problems with the Optimum. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva said:
Leisha What products are readily available over there in Korea? If any at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, on the base, there are about 6 or 7 different types of relaxers but none with lye. I'm afraid to venture out into town to find something. I can't even read the name of the establishment, let alone what products they sell! You really have to "hunt" for things there. Things just aren't at your fingertips like in the states. (At least in my humble opinion.) I found a great protein hair treatment after searching out a Korean woman that spoke English! It's just an adventure...

Monicurl said:
Leshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I used to relax my hair, I used the Motions line. Also, Texas Beauty Supply has every lye relaxer ever made. I was looking for something entirely unrelated to lye relaxers and was very suprised to see that they had them. At the time, I didn't even know lye relaxers still existed. http://store.yahoo.com/texasbeautysupplycom/index.html
I order products from them all the time when I cannot find them locally and have had great success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. I honestly haven't seen one since I've started reading the boxes. I finally just bought a no-lye out of frustration so it'll be another 10 weeks before I can even consider looking again. *sighs*

When I used to relax my hair, I used either Revlon Realistic Lye Relaxer, or Creme of Nature Lye relaxer in mild or regular. I really liked the Old School relaxers except for Dark and Lovely. My hair would get very straight very quickly with the two aforementioned relaxers. It didn't take any time at all for the relaxer to straighten my hair, usually when I finished my head, I immediately rinsed.

Back