Relaxers and Rattail Combs

northernbelle

Some time ago, one of the LHCF members posted a question re: relaxer touch ups and using rattail combs.

FYI: My JC Penney stylist first applies the relaxer to the new growth with a stiff applicator brush. Then, she will smooth out the new growth with relaxer applied to the new growth with the rattail comb.

It leaves the new growth smooth and straight.

northernbelle

Does you stylist actually combs the hair with the rattail comb with the relaxer in your hair? Sorry for the question but I just want to make sure I'm understand you.

[ QUOTE ]
Champagne_Wishes said:
Does you stylist actually combs the hair with the rattail comb with the relaxer in your hair? Sorry for the question but I just want to make sure I'm understand you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. After she has applied the relaxer to the new growth with the applicator brush, she smoothes out the new growth, relaxer applied, with the rattail comb.

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I apply the perm with the rat tail comb, am I crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

If your hair has responded well to this technique, then, I say continue.

However, in my experience, the stylist applies the chemical with the stiff applicator brush - this brush has universal uses. I have seen it used to apply hair color as well. I guess the brush allows for precise application of the chemical, whether it be a relaxer or hair color.

I am not a professional. This is just what I have deducted via my observations.

northernbelle

You're jogging my memory here. I think my Grandmother who was a beautician used to do that to my hair. She only smoothed the new growth though.

Back